Home

Pirchei question/suggestions?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

newu

Post  Wed, Jun 14 2006, 11:38 pm
I've been living in a small Jewish community for past few months. My husband and I were just asked to run a Perchai group for this shabbos. I have no real experience with this or what it truly entails. I am a teacher though and do love working with kids. Anyone have any good suggestions? I was thinking maybe like a Jewish Jeopardy or Torah Tac toe with torah questions- not sure exactly though. and it's already almost Thursday - oiy! What happens at a normal perchai group? anyone have any good ideas? any ideas:) I think that the whole thing is supposed to last for 1 1/2 hours. thanks a bunch!

Motek

Post  Thu, Jun 15 2006, 11:03 am
what age kids?

realeez

Post  Thu, Jun 15 2006, 11:17 am
What my brother loved in Pirchei was a Torah/Parsha/Jewish general knowledge game set up like a baseball game.
You divide the kids into teams and set up the room like a baseball diamond - home plate, first, second & third base. Then you have a list of questions divided by level - easiest is first base, harder second and most challenging is 3rd base. The kids can choose their own question based on what they are up to and the rest works like a regular baseball game. 3 strikes you are out and as kids get back to homeplate their teams score points and 3 outs - next team, etc.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h