Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Desperately need good sheitelmacher in Monsey

PFAB

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 12:09 pm
If anyone could please give me a name and a phone number of a good honest sheitelmacher in Monsey/SV area. I am so desperate and depressed. I have five cheaper sheitels ($600 average), including two brand new ones. Still, they don’t have the look or feel I want. I really feel horrible, looking at myself in the mirror and not loving the sheitel I’m wearing. If I only wasn’t so cheap and got a custom to begin with! It would have been much cheaper in the long run. I’ve been married five years, but couldn’t justify spending money on a custom. But now it’s just really impacting my whole sense of well-being, so I decided to bite the bullet and get a custom made sheitel. The problem is that I don’t know what kind of style exactly I want, and I need a good and honest sheitelmacher to help me. I’ve gone to a few, but I came out with a sense that they couldn’t care less how I looked. Whatever I suggested or whatever styles I tried on, they were enthusiastically cooing “oh how gorgeous,” even though some of them were not so flattering on me. They just wanted to make a sale, and didn’t care that I look good. I am prepared to spend $1,500 and am thinking about getting a Shevy. Any kind of referral will be greatly appreciated.

MMEC123

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 1:52 pm
I have a sheital macher I like. I never bought from her yet but she styles well and I know people who bought from her and are very happy. PM me for details.

redhot

Post Fri, Jun 23 2006, 12:00 pm
I have two shevys and I LOVE them. I dont know ashaitel macher in monsey though. But I have a terrific one in flatbush if u are in the area.

PFAB

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 11:51 am
Thanks, but I need someone in Monsey. How much did you pay for your shevys? I was told by a sheitelmacher that $1,500 buys you a piece of junk Shevy. - the real good ones are like $4,000.

ac101

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 12:05 am
PFAB: I bought a Shevys which was an overstock via a sheitel macher for $1450 and it's pretty good. I actually went to the Shevy's in Brooklyn, and can't even get multi-directional for that price. I would have to pay atleast $1750 for the same type, and the hair piece I saw in Brooklyn were not so silky. For sure you can do better at 2.5-3K. Although I heard the hair stylist at Shevy's in Brooklyn are really good.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 11:43 pm
there's an excellent sheitel macher in monsey named Miriam Tsinman I dont have her number but she's been a sheitel macher for ages and she sells her own pieces which are excellent quality.

mumztheword

Post Wed, Jun 28 2006, 11:57 pm
PFAB - You should inquire about a Shuly. She makes her own wigs and they are great. I have one and I'm really happy with it. She lives in Flatbush. Call and speak to her b/c I'm sure she has s/o in Monsey sellimg her wigs.
Good luck!

queen

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:06 am
PFAB wrote:
I was told by a sheitelmacher that $1,500 buys you a piece of junk Shevy. - the real good ones are like $4,000.

shock
for ONE shaitel. Am curious how many $4000 shaitels are walking the streets?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:10 am
I have a very good Shevy for $2000 and my hair color is not typical.
But maybe it's because it's not such a long shaitel.
I don't even remember having the option of more expensive than that.

PFAB

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 9:16 am
mumztheword wrote:
PFAB - You should inquire about a Shuly. She makes her own wigs and they are great. I have one and I'm really happy with it. She lives in Flatbush. Call and speak to her b/c I'm sure she has s/o in Monsey sellimg her wigs.
Good luck!

How would I go about finding this Shuly? Do you know her last name?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries