Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Did you gain weight or lose weight over Pesach ?
1  2  Next

Did you gain weight or lose weight over Pesach ?
Gained  
 55%  [ 49 ]
Lost  
 35%  [ 31 ]
Other, discuss below  
 9%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 88

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:34 pm

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:35 pm
We all lost - all of us! Not a lot, but still.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:37 pm
Gained.... I cant hold myself back from the matzah! ( Yes I like it Smile

mltjm

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 9:55 pm
Lost about 4 lbs- I don't eat potatoes and we don't put anything on matza till the 8th day. All I basically ate was avocado-tomato salad and gefilte fish and hamburger meat.

heffer569

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:02 pm
I lost 10 pds which I didnt really have to loose. Dh isnt happy about it but I dont like many foods like chicken on a bone any meat any fish any type of salads. So the only thing I ate was potatoes and I kinda got sick of that.

newlymarried

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:06 pm
I lost 3 pounds, and I am pregnant! But it is good, because I put on too much weight already and can afford to lose more.

ESB

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:18 pm
I stayed the same

yentadevosha

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 10:18 pm
lucky you. I gained, not much,2 pounds. It isn't so much what you eat, but the time we eat. Meals were at an average of 11 PM, and then off to bed.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 11 2010, 11:16 pm
Gained three pounds because last two days all there was to eat was cake!

gold21

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:22 am
heffer its a bit strange to lose ten lbs in just a week and a half if youre not overweight, unless youre actively trying to lose weight...no? ok well anyways I didnt gain or lose. I dont eat much matza as it is fattening and bad for my digestive system, and I didnt over-do the main courses cuz im not really a fleishigs girl, but I ate too much cake...so it balanced out...

Marigold

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:25 am
Pesach is my hardest chag. I don't like anything and I still gain weight. (not a lot) Confused

MrsDash

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:25 am
My weight fluctuated like it ALWAYS does Sad

In that case, I guess it was my "usual" gain/loss thing. Rolling Eyes

Honestly, the nosh didn't really appeal to me this year for some reason. Just the main dishes and my moms food, and of course the matza pizzas. Tongue Out

gold21

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 1:35 am
oh, there are foods I like on pesach. we eat gebroks, so we have more options..matza ball soup, cream cheese on matza, bla bla etc etc. anyhow I didnt crave chometz this pesach BH.

slushiemom

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 2:31 am
most effective fast-weight loss program- a horrible stomach virus!! I barely ate for a week, and now that im better I'm being good to keep off those 5 pounds! Smile

mae1984

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 3:45 am
Gained. Started the GI Diet yesterday though so hope to lose about 10 kilos in the coming months. I did also have some extra weight before pesach...

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 4:12 am
gold21 wrote:
heffer its a bit strange to lose ten lbs in just a week and a half if youre not overweight, unless youre actively trying to lose weight...no? ok well anyways I didnt gain or lose. I dont eat much matza as it is fattening and bad for my digestive system, and I didnt over-do the main courses cuz im not really a fleishigs girl, but I ate too much cake...so it balanced out...

Not so strange - I have lost 8lbs in the past, when not overweight. We don't do processed foods or gebrokts, I am allergic to fish, intollerant to eggs, and don't like being fleishing before supper time... This year we did Pesach ourselves, so we use olive oil, and although I used less than I thought I would, it was more than I do during the year. Also, I drank lots of wine - think a bottle a day, probably 5 days out of 8, which has lots of calories. Still, lost 4lbs.

GoodEnough

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 4:36 am
I'm sure I lost over Pesach, I wasn't home so I couldn't weigh myself, but I gained it all back in the PPP (post pesach period) - so now I'm the same as I was before Pesach.

MamO3

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 6:52 am
I don't know, I'm terrified to go on the scales.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 9:52 am
Lost a pound, but gained it back after eating fresh bread, pizza, and other chometz.
Lost it being busy in the kitchen, and on my feet all day, without any help.
Lost it while eating everything. I love matzo, I love chicken, I love fish, everything was yummy.
I usually bake a lot more than I did this year, but I ate most of the cake I baked too.
Still lost a pound!

busydev

Post Mon, Apr 12 2010, 11:37 am
I gained a lb and a half... before I needed to lose- now I NEED TO LOSE. (went over my "once I weigh X then I need to seriously diet/excersize" mark- def not good news)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics