Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Babysitter woes

amother

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 5:09 am
If a babysitter did something you asked her not to do and was then rude to you when you bought it up with her, would you send your child back to the babysitter?

Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 5:11 am
First reation: NO!
But what if you have no choice? I don't know. I guess that depends on what the babysitter did and said.....

amother

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 5:23 am
it was actually the second time I noticed that she was doing something I asked her not to. (the first time I didn't say anything)

but now I'm thinking that if she can't even be polite with me, how is she when she is with my baby for a few hours.

also will it effect the way she looks after him, if we don't have a good relationship?

Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 5:30 am
Good question....I guess you will never know how she is with your baby, unless you have video surveillance...
Trust your feeling on this one. If you don't feel comfortable with her, and you can afford to look for another one, then I would go for it. You are trusting her with the most precious person in your life, you should be able to do so with a peaceful heart and mind!
Hatzlaha raba, and gut shabbos!

Tefila

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 9:51 am
I totaly agree with pnina on this.

ForeverYoung

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 10:47 am
Quote:
will it effect the way she looks after him, if we don't have a good relationship?

often peole project their opinion in about parents onto the children.

Pnina is rigth.

Also, think about how important is what you asked her not to do? is it unusual & easy to forget? (I had to give up some of my minor desires when my son had to go to a babysitter)

may be she was tired when you spoke to her? Or frustrated that yo uwant to talk to her while she has other kids to take care of?

Or you can try calling her and discussing it with her when she;s not watching other kids. Like what can you do to remind her.

Good luck!

Mommamia

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 2:30 pm
I Definitely think you should fire her and look for someone else. YOU are the mother whether she agrees with you or not she needs to do what you say. I also think you're right if shes rude to you how do u know shes good with your baby. You want to have someone polite and nice working with your baby not someone who is rude. so I would fire her asap. I've heard so many horror stories with babysitters after mothers put cameras in, what they saw its just not worth the risk. Your baby is more important than anything else. I hope you find someone nice and who respects you and your opinions!gluck

smile

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 3:28 pm
I wouldn't take her anymore if she doesn't follow your orders. You know better then she does with your children. And if she doesn't have respect towards you then I would have my doubt how she is with the kids.

hisorerus

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 6:52 pm
Do you think she was rude just because she was scared and got defensive, or she said it with an attitude? If it was the first choice, I don't think that it shows on how she treats children, but if she was really rude- I might have the same worries as the other mothers.

I say this as a person with no social skills to speak of, and thus an empathy for those with the same problem.

smile

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 7:23 pm
Even if she is scared you don't have to be rude. But ok maybe she is. Even so it doesn't explain why she does something which she was told not to. As a babysitter you should do what you were told and not what you think.

IndyMom

Post Thu, May 19 2005, 9:16 pm
I was depressed for a year until I realized that the cause of my depression was my babysitter, who I thought I couldnt live without, but wasn't listening to me. I finally made alternate arrangements and got rid of her, and my depression disappeared. There are always other options - find them. Don't use a sitter that causes you stress and doesn't listen to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics