Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fashion Makeover

amother

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 10:16 pm
Is there anyone who gives fashion makeovers?
For example, just like there are those that do make-up consultations and tell you the right colors/products for you. Does anyone know who I could go to for specific fashion advice instead of having to try things again and again and just try to figure it out myself? I have very little time and don't want to waste money trying the wrong things so is there any hope? I know in the non-Jewish world there are wardrobe consultants and people who do fashion make-overs? But I need someone reasonably priced and familiar with tznius dress guidelines? This would be a good idea for somebody whose very knowledgable about fashions to start doing? By the way I live in Boro Park, so the closer the better.

Thanks.

amother

Post Sat, Apr 17 2010, 11:15 pm
BTW, I can't seem to figure out what my body shape is either. I think I make myself look much older than I need to. I just let myself go so much, and now I need help getting back on track.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 10:03 pm
Anyone?

Chloe

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 10:07 pm
There are personal shoppers in Boro Park. I think I saw them advertised once. I don't remember where, maybe in the Esra. But they definitely exist.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 28 2010, 10:44 pm
Anyone know a specific name or number?

mammele26

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 12:17 am
There is a Lubavitcher hachnosas kallah fund. I'm not sure what it's called, they had a raffle booklet this year with THE BEST raffles. One of the raffles was to get a woman tell you which colors are for you, etc. I'm sure such a lady would be able to help you. If I were in your position, I would call them up, and ask who that is. I'm sure they will direct you to her. I think that fund is called something like 'ten yad' or something. I may be way off, but I'm sure if you ask here, lubavitcher ladies will be able to tell you the name of this fund and their phone number. Hatzlacha rabba!

mimishkl

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 12:22 am
PM me for info

amother

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 9:37 pm
There is a Lubavitcher hachnosas kallah fund. I'm not sure what it's called, they had a raffle booklet this year with THE BEST raffles. One of the raffles was to get a woman tell you which colors are for you, etc. I'm sure such a lady would be able to help you. If I were in your position, I would call them up, and ask who that is. I'm sure they will direct you to her. I think that fund is called something like 'ten yad' or something. I may be way off, but I'm sure if you ask here, lubavitcher ladies will be able to tell you the name of this fund and their phone number. Hatzlacha rabba!

ANYBODY HAVE MORE INFO ON THIS or ANY OTHER LEADS?

Thanks!!

BinahYeteirah

Post Thu, Apr 29 2010, 10:16 pm
Here's the Ten Yad website:

http://www.tenyad.org/

I don't see the prize you are talking about there, but that might be because the 2009 version seems to be on the website still. Maybe you could call them and ask for the person's contact info.

melsg

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 10:52 pm
I actually do this for my friends and would be happy to help, but I'm nowhere near boro park... I'll keep my ears and eyes open though!

amother

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 11:18 pm
O.K. Thanks.

I felt funny calling about the TenYad Auction and bothering them about this so if anyone has any further leads on this or anyone else who does this, I am still searching...

Thanks.

songbird

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 6:40 pm
I'm considering going into the business of doing this when I move back to the States...
It's something I would really enjoy!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics