Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Who changes the diapers?
1  2  Next

bonzie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 5:44 am
my husband is pretty good about changing diapers b''h (even the dirty ones!) but bath time that's all me, who changes the diapers in your home?

cindy324

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:19 am
Mostly me, Dh can't change a dirty diaper after he has just eaten What Gag reflex is way too strong

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:33 am
we both do.

shayna82

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:36 am
we both do. they arent just my kids, right? Idea

brooklyn

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:41 am
Whoever is around.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 9:54 am
we both do. but since I switched to cloth, dh doesn't want anything to do with poopy ones, which I could understand.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:32 am
first few months with the first, dh refused to change any diapers. I told him that if he wants more kids he has to help with diaper duty. he's been doing them ever since....

Chanie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:44 am
when my second child was born, my doc came in to check the new baby for discharge, and found that he had a dirty diaper. She insisted on changing it herself saying that in her house they use the concept of 'finders keepers'.
In our houes we share the duties, usually the one who finds it, changes it.

Secbeb

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:51 am
I have to admit that I have in the past been very immature about this; demanding we "take turns". But now its more likely to be me if DH's not in my direct presence I.e. in the room. He does change his share of diapers though and we are always saying to eachother "Oh, I just got the hugest diaper ever - it went all the way up the back. . .etc" like "I caught a fish this big." Its very competetive. Rolling Eyes

queen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 12:53 pm
you're looking at her!!

don't mind as dh does so much other stuff and so easy going... I'm more than fine being the changer Very Happy

nicole81

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:02 pm
queen, how old is your dd? cause trust me, you WILL mind when every single diaper change turns into a wrestling match!! Very Happy

queen

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:04 pm
8 months
dh works during the day, so how many diapers would we be dealing with anyhow?!
I know how to cut my losses, as I gain big time in other areas...... but thanks for your concern nicole! Smile

Mishie

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 1:40 pm
During the week, when DH is not home most of the day, then I'm the one who's doing most of the diaper changing.

But, Shabbos - that's when DH gets his share!!!

Secbeb - you made me laugh!!
That's exactly the way we sound. We're always saying: "I just changed the biggest poop under the sun"
or: "I changed the last one, it's your turn now".... :-)

shira

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 5:26 pm
I do all the daiper changing b/c dh gets super nauceous. I'm due iy"h next week and dh has told my 4 year old that he'll be changing his little bro's diapers! My 4 year old countered, "No way, Abba, I'm gunna 'frow' up!"
And Shabbos is extra fun b/c we don't use baby wipes so every changing is a cold bath.
Guess which day of the week, without fail, my son makes the most poopies??????

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 5:31 pm
we both do, my hubby doesnt mind, we even both do the bath and the feeding. we share Smile

Bebe

Post Wed, Jun 21 2006, 11:40 pm
Whenever im taking care of her which is usually before and after work I do the diaper changing but at night when my husband does his share of taking care of out baby he does it. But its no rule that he wont change just if im around hed rather I do it. He told me before we had our baby that he wont change diapers and hes very good about it!!

bonzie

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:44 am
Secbeb- lol! we also do that,
shabbas I do all the dirties cuz my hubby ''conviently'' decided that he's not allowed to use wipes but I am, lucky me!![/quote]

Mishie

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 3:55 am
BTW - Is there really a problem to use Baby Wipes on Shabbos?

I hope I'm not being over on any Melacha here.... shock

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:21 am
We use baby wipes on shabbos we were told that as long as they are not soaking wet which some brands are like huggies it is okay.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:30 am
Ask your LOR.

I think there are really different opinions on this one.
Our Rov says no.

They now sell (in Israel at least) a spray-on which is like the stuff inside the wipes. Then you just wipe it off with tissues etc, and it has a hechsher for Shabbos. Anyway I just use it if I go out. I (yes, it's always me unless I'm out) wash them off under the tap even during the week.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics