Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Who changes the diapers?
Previous  1  2

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 4:37 am
It grosses me out to wash a baby in the sink my husband would do it but me yuck!! Even with my kids underwares if they have an accident I just throw the underware out. My husband he would wash it out and clean it but to me it is gross!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:02 pm
can I just ask a question here. why do the DH that dont change diapers think it is fair that they dont change any?
my husband's brother in law flat out refused to change any of his children's diapers and he even seems proud of that fact.
whats the big deal? really? why should the mommy be the only one?

HelloEverybody

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:07 pm
bonzie wrote:
my husband is pretty good about changing diapers b''h (even the dirty ones!) but bath time that's all me, who changes the diapers in your home?

My husband gives bath and changes diapers - not always but definitely he does a fair share.

happymom

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:11 pm
Quote:
can I just ask a question here. why do the DH that dont change diapers think it is fair that they dont change any?
my husband's brother in law flat out refused to change any of his children's diapers and he even seems proud of that fact.

I dont look at marriage as 50 50. if u do its gonna be hard.... there are somethings every spouse does and thats great... everyones diff... there are some woman who cant handle doing certain thing so the husband does it and also the other way around. bh my husband changes diapers...! but its not at all a competition. its just whoever is around..

yoyosma

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:23 pm
We share bathing and diapering duties.
Sometimes we argue that "I did the last one!", but those 'arguements' dont last long, because no one wants a rashy tushy!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:41 pm
happymom wrote:
Quote:

I dont look at marriage as 50 50. if u do its gonna be hard.... there are somethings every spouse does and thats great... everyones diff... there are some woman who cant handle doing certain thing so the husband does it and also the other way around. bh my husband changes diapers...! but its not at all a competition. its just whoever is around..

you are totally correct, but what I wrote about my husband's brother in law, that he says it with such a smug look on his face, that he is proud that he has not changed any diaper in the ten years that he is married. you are correct that marriage is not 50/50 (all the time) but this just makes me crazy, I mean, who is he to say that he wont change a diaper? am I the one here that is nuts? I just feel that a diaper is not something that HAS to be the obligation of the mother ALL the time.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Jun 22 2006, 1:52 pm
as long as my dh kills the bugs, I'll keep changing the diapers Smile
we each have our own duties (no pun intended)
although, thank G-d, there are more diapers than bugs Smile

yes, it does get annoying sometimes if my hands are full, but hey, I'd never want to be the one to have to kill the bugs...

maybe after a few kids my dh will finally get used to changing diapers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics