Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Update on Mother of Triplets
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

miriam

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:11 am
BARUCH HASHEM!!!!

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 10:46 am
I just got this in an email:

Quote:
Mekubalim in Israel have advised the family to stop Chaya as an added name
Her name is
AVIGAIL ILANA BAS SARAH RAIZEL for a refua shleima NOW

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:22 am
I need to know about the name thing from an accurate source... and southernbubby, what about the stable thing - is she conscious or not? on a different forum someone wrote she is in critical condition and her face is swollen. So much misinformation...

girliesmommy

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 11:29 am
I got the email from her sister through an email group we are on together. I do not know her sister, but it definitely came from her.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 12:01 pm
I get all of my information from my dd who was up until 3am cleaning out her office. I tried to call her a few minutes ago for an update and dd is still half asleep. It is only 9am there. When she gives me new info, I will I"Y"H" post.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 3:34 pm
Latest update: a shunt was placed to relieve intracranial fluid buildup. It was impossible to keep her talking long enough to assess brain function.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 3:47 pm
Sad refua shleima!!!!!

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 3:50 pm
Southernbubby can you explain what that means what you wrote.

She should have a speedy refua shleima.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 3:58 pm
There are 4 ventricles in the brain that contain fluid. Because of the overload of fluid in Abby body, fluid pressure built up in those ventricles. A tube that would allow those fluids to drain and relieve the pressure was inserted. As would be expected, her neurological responses were slow. Hopefully that will change as the fluid subsides.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 6:00 pm
as long there's life there's hope. Sounds like she has a long haul but BE"H it looks to me like she'll recover. Let's continue davening.

didan

Post Sun, Jun 25 2006, 8:29 pm
B"H

I know her sister personally, and I received that email about the name from her.

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 2:06 pm
Southernbubby sounds like what my nephew had. He had a tube inserted in his brain to drain out all excess water that was building up. This tube was placed from the brain into his stomach.

I hope and pray that it works out. But please do keep us posted I have been thinking about her.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 10:34 pm
There was some sort of crisis with Abby today. It may be stable at the moment. The babies are BH about to be discharged. Dan is staying by Abby's side and the 2 bubbies are a bit confused and are dealing with Abby's condition as well. The family's Chabad shluchim have been there many hours of the day as well. I don't know what the mohel's rules are about weight. They are still a little small.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 11:06 pm
another crisis? oh no!!! This is so horrible. please pleae I want to hear good news :-(. we at atime divided up tehillim, fifty people signed up and took 3 chapters each. we'll say it until abby is ready to go home from the hospital iyh. Is she conscious at all? what do the doctors say? The babies probably wont have the bris until about six pounds. Nebbich, 3 babies going home and their mother is not conscious! you coudl cry.

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 11:46 pm
Does a Mohel perform a bris w/o the mother? I know we don't push off doing a mitzvah but it seems rather strange to me to perform something like this when Nebach, the mothers life is in danger? What does the halacha say about this?

supermom

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 3:44 am
They say that when the baby cries you can daven for anything the gates of heaven are open. Maybe if they do do it before she gets out of this mess it might be helpful if everyone davens when the baby cries.

This is bad news. Hope we hear some good news soon.

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 3:57 am
There is a story about a tzaddik who came to a village and was told there was a child whose bris was supposed to be that day. The family was pushing off the bris because the father was dying and they wanted to give the child the father's name. The tzaddik insisted on doing the bris immediately and the father recovered. The tzaddik then explained that when a baby has a bris, the malach Refael (?) comes to heal him. While he's there anyhow, he will heal the father.

So the illness of the mother is certainly not a reason to delay a bris - aderaba.

supermom

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 4:00 am
You gave me the chills.

Tefila

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 8:36 am
Quote:
The babies probably wont have the bris until about six pounds

My preemie had it done at 5lbs Exclamation though 3mnths later.
Quote:
Nebbich, 3 babies going home and their mother is not conscious! you coudl cry
I am Crying

sandwich

Post Tue, Jun 27 2006, 5:18 pm
any updates?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics