Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Update on Mother of Triplets
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 9:57 pm
WE still need to daven for her. Her name was changed back to Chaya Avigail Ilana bas Sarah Raizel. The family is trying to stay positive during this trying time but last I heard she was still in a coma.

taylu

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:00 pm
there has been a fund set up to pay for round the clock babycare
and providing other baby essentials. Checks can be sent to 1456 Oakhurst St. LA, CA 90035.

taylu

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:31 pm
I have no clue - however, her sister sent that address in response to requests for help. she also begged e1 to say tehillim & 2 pass on her name (note: she did not include chaya in the name...)

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
the family is B"H well off why would they set up a fund like this? Can't the parents help pay?

who is it for us to judge?? aren't there alot of medical bills too?

Emuna

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 11:33 pm
I have a couple of suggestions:

1. For anyone seriously interested in helping the family send all inquiries to the shul. That would be Bais Betzalel in Los Angeles and the Rebbetzin can be reached at baisbezalel@comcast.net. You will get actual information on what can be done, what is needed, etc.

2. A mitzvah campaign has been started:

We are trying to get 613 people to take on a new Mitzvah/Hachlata (positive commitment) in the Zechus of a Refuah Shelaima (complete speedy recovery) for Avigail Ilana bas Sara Raizel. If you want to join this campaign and take upon a Mitzvah/Hachlata, please email MitzvahCampaign@yahoo.com with your full name and your mother�s name. (If you choose you can write the Mitzvah/Hachlata you are undertaking, as it is going into the Rebbe�s Ohel). Once we reach the 613th mitzvah-we will be sending all of the Mitzvos and Hachlatos to the Rebbe�s Ohel. Please pass this message on to as many people as you can. In the Zchus (merit) of everyone's Mitzvah/Hachlata we will merit that Abbie will come home, completely healthy very soon. Her children, husband, family and friends miss her and need her. May Hashem bless that everyone that needs healing should have a SPEEDY RECOVERY!
In the merit of everyone's Mitzvos, may we all hear the ultimate good news with the coming of Moshiach Now!!

avigayil

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 1:20 am
Being another Avigayil, I want to help.

What are extra mitzvahs we can do? I never even thought about it.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 3:01 pm
What is the prognosis? Is there brain damage? How is she?

Emuna

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 3:15 pm
Don't know yet. Still sedated because there was swelling. Will know more when sedation is removed. Will be slow process of recovery, IY"H. Still needs our prayers.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 7:16 pm
Without going into detail about my situation, I just want to say that I have a close family member with severe brain damage due to cardiac arrest so I know a bit about it. There's a huge difference between damage due to brain cells and damage due to swelling. I've seen many many cases of brain damage due to swelling on the brain that have come out of it completely. Sometimes it took weeks, sometimes months, and one case I saw took a year but the swelling did go down completely. Don't lose hope for Abby. IY"H she should have a refuah sheleima soon!

Emuna

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 7:44 pm
I'm requesting that this thread be stopped - it could lead into a discussion and most details about this situation are for those closest to the family only. Perhaps we can all join in the mitzvah campaign that I referred to earlier? All the posts up until now have been concerned people who only want to help. I'm just afraid it will eventually turn gossipy chas v'shalom, and put yourself in that hospital bed, unable to speak. Would you want people "talking" if it could possibly go too far?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 8:14 pm
Emuna wrote:
I'm requesting that this thread be stopped - it could lead into a discussion and most details about this situation are for those closest to the family only. Perhaps we can all join in the mitzvah campaign that I referred to earlier? All the posts up until now have been concerned people who only want to help. I'm just afraid it will eventually turn gossipy chas v'shalom, and put yourself in that hospital bed, unable to speak. Would you want people "talking" if it could possibly go too far?

I think you are wrong. I know nothing about her but I daven everything should be OK. I see from the thread that there are many imamothers who feel like me and certainly want as many updates as possible because we care. Not for idle curiosity. People are davenning for her and are eager to hear how she is doing.

May she have a speedy refuah shlema.

happy

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 8:30 pm
Quote:
I'm requesting that this thread be stopped - it could lead into a discussion and most details about this situation are for those closest to the family only. Perhaps we can all join in the mitzvah campaign that I referred to earlier? All the posts up until now have been concerned people who only want to help. I'm just afraid it will eventually turn gossipy chas v'shalom, and put yourself in that hospital bed, unable to speak. Would you want people "talking" if it could possibly go too far

Thumbs Up

nobody chv's in this situation would be appreciative of an exclusive thread about their misfortune.

just say tehiliim for her, that is the best help.

Emuna

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 8:54 pm
Oh, I was definitely not referring to current posters who truly care. I just think it could possibly "evolve" as other threads have usually done. But it's up to Motek or the person in charge. I'm not the one to decide, I was just putting my 2 cents in.

happy

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 9:01 pm
Neither was I , everyone here cares so much, its' so evident. However, I agree with you on how this thread can evolve and how Abby would feel about this thread.

We shall let the mods decide though.

Mod2

Post Tue, Jul 11 2006, 9:35 pm
Ok ladies I will close it now. Once we have hopefully better news please pm me so we can post it. Meanwhilst lets continue saying tehillim and giving Tzedakah Exclamation
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics