Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Peeled Onions Cont.

Didi

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 7:09 am
Sorry I posed a new thread I just wanted everyone that had origionally posted to read this.

ASK a Shailah wether or not it still applies today to peal and cut the onion in that way. I did, I saw my Rav on Shabbat and went over to him and asked. He told me that I should go out and buy myself a new pareve knife and write Onion on the handle and that should be my onion knife to start with. And I should only use it for onions etc. All my cut onions would then be pareve. At first I think he thought I was asking about the sharpness of the onion going into the knife and absorbing the meat taste etc. I continued to explain to him my Shaylah about the pealing and leaving it overnight in the fridge and what side is the bottom and what side is the top. He told me not to worry it does not apply today. I should just have a seperate Onion knife.

So everyone should ask a Shaylah from their POSEK

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:05 pm
why is it nessecary to have a seperate onion knife? if you need a seperate one for onions then you should get one for garlic too

supermom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 11:32 pm
Now why garlic?

supermom

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 2:45 am
got my answer. anything that is spicy "charif" needs its own separate knife. Don't understand why yet but I am looking into it.

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 8:01 am
I've recently discovered Raw chopped frozen onions, anyone here use them? They are a dream come true! Obviously they arent as good as the fresh ones but thier pretty close.

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 12:11 pm
supermom, it's b/c if u cut an onion with a milky knife the onion becomes milky and cannot be used with meaty food and vice versa.

supermom

Post Thu, Mar 17 2005, 10:10 pm
that is what I thought too but after talking to my mil she told me she asked and the rav said it wasn't a problem that she can cut with a milk knife and the onion won't be milk Confused now that made me really confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen