Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Napping?

Bell

Post Tue, Aug 31 2004, 5:50 pm
Help! My sos os turning 1 & now he has decided he does not need to nap.. I am going nuts b/c I need the break & I know he needs the sleep. Its 5:45pm & hes been up since 7:20AM! How is this normal?!? I have a 1 bedroom apt so I know the fact that he does not have his own room is a BIG issue but does anyone have any tips for me b/4 I loose it? (he takes his bottle, drinks the whole thing & then kvetches/cries/whines/"talks" for a good 2 hours before, & thats if he falls asleep!

Nechama

Post Fri, Oct 15 2004, 1:48 am
Did this issue ever resolve itself?
Was the baby sick? An ear infection?
My 5 year old still naps. If you have to, lay down with the baby. This usually helps.
But a non napping baby isn't a normative behavior pattern.

miriam

Post Sun, Dec 19 2004, 3:30 pm
My three year old stiil takes naps in the afternoon, BARUCH HASHEM. She could easily sleep for three hours on some days. Has anyone ever woke a napping kid? I did a few times but it was so hard to wake her. She woke up so cranky. When she wakes on her own, she is so happy.

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 19 2004, 4:06 pm
Miriam ditto ditto and ditto my 2yr old the same..... atleast in this area I am normal LOL

avigayil

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 4:27 pm
My almost 8 month old has trouble going down for a nap at times.
Sometimes he will fall asleep while I am nursing him. Then, when I put him in his crib, he starts to cry. I only let him cry 5 minutes or so before I go in. Maybe I should let him cry longer, but I feel as though I am depriving him if I do that. Sad
He has no problem napping next to me while I am lying next to him or in my lap though.

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 7:26 pm
Avigail why don't you leave him for 15min and then go into him. But don't take him out! And if you are consistent you will see eventually it will get less and less.

imanut

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 7:29 pm
I have the same problem. my baby does not fall asleep unless she is nursed. everyone says let her cry it out, but she doesn't even lay down. when I check on her, she's standing holding on to the crib railing. how long is normal to let her cry for? it's very hard on our nerves to listen to it.

Tefila

Post Thu, Dec 23 2004, 7:33 pm
I would leave an 8mnth old Max 20 min, put on music etc but if you are not firm it will only get worse ! And it doesn't mean you don't go in to her you can talk, or stroke her every 5 or so min but don't take her out!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics