Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Kosher food by Newark Airport

supermama2

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 9:30 am
Anything available? I'll be staying near the airport and not sure what to feed everyone!! I will not have a rental car so a place that delivers would be a bonus but at this point we'll settle for anything. Thanks!

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 10:17 am
There are a few places in elizabeth - pizza, chinese. look them up on shamash.org

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 11:55 am
IIRC, Newark airport has a Kosher food stand with sandwiches and drinks.
Call to make sure they still have this. This can be your back-up, in case you cannot get to a local eatery.

Tamiri

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 12:13 pm
SarahO. wrote:
Anything available? I'll be staying near the airport and not sure what to feed everyone!! I will not have a rental car so a place that delivers would be a bonus but at this point we'll settle for anything. Thanks!
Maybe it pays to get a rental car and drive somewhere to eat THE LAST SUPPER YAYYYYYYYYYYY someplace decent? You can go to Elizabeth (it's a short drive, I think 15 mintutes) and have kosher dunkin donuts. Smack your lips and savor the flavor because that's IT - we have no DD here - until you get sufganiot next year before Chanuka. Have a BIG CREAMY hazelnut coffee and think of me. Give your kids a kosher mcmuffin kind of thing, because from then on they will eat FELAFEL. SHWARMA etc. Very Happy

supermama2

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:14 pm
Tamiri wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
Maybe it pays to get a rental car and drive somewhere to eat THE LAST SUPPER YAYYYYYYYYYYY someplace decent? You can go to Elizabeth (it's a short drive, I think 15 mintutes) and have kosher dunkin donuts. Smack your lips and savor the flavor because that's IT - we have no DD here - until you get sufganiot next year before Chanuka. Have a BIG CREAMY hazelnut coffee and think of me. Give your kids a kosher mcmuffin kind of thing, because from then on they will eat FELAFEL. SHWARMA etc. Very Happy

Well between our ~15 bags and 5 kids kah I doubt we'll fit in a car! A van would be $$ and even then we may not fit..I was hoping a place delivers. BTW my kids haven't had fresh donuts from anywhere but home since my oldest ( now 9 ) was 2 y.o....we're out in the desert now LOL that's desert not dessert Smile)
Thanks for the idea though, I'll talk to DH.

Tamiri

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 1:16 pm
There was a kosher (or supposedly kosher) DD in the city I lived in, in your state. Didn't last very long. I wonder if it was really kosher.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 5:28 pm
Tamiri wrote:
There was a kosher (or supposedly kosher) DD in the city I lived in, in your state. Didn't last very long. I wonder if it was really kosher.

There are certainly DD locations that are really kosher. There is one in our city which is under the hashgocha of the main local vaad. They are though dairy and not cholov yisroel.

I don't know about the one in Elizabeth, but one certainly shouldn't automatically assume it isn't really kosher -- each one is independent and there are many different hashgochas certifying different ones, so it should be checked, but if it is billed as kosher odds are that it is.

ROFL

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 6:03 pm
The elizabeth dunkin donuts is kosher. There is also chinese at 908 353 1818. Pizza shop. Is 908 2890291. And the there is kosher fleshig restaurant (chicken shwarma etc) 908 354 4048. Do not know if they deliver so call and find out.

egam

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 6:35 pm
Below the links for Glatt Star (meat) and Pizza. I believe Glatt Start delivers. Call them. I think we asked Pizza store recently if they deliver and the answer was no, but call them to make sure. I don't know about Chinese, but if you go there make sure to bring cash as they don't take credit cards.
Glatt Star
Pizza

Motheroftwins

Post Tue, May 04 2010, 8:12 pm
the chinese store delivers, they have a minimum I think though, but with the size of ur fam, it sounds like ull make that minimum no problem....if u have a fax machine w u now maybe call and ask them to fax u the menu....if not, let me know and I can tell u what they offer - they have lunch specials (they offer them all the time, not just lunch time) or combos that come w a soup or eggroll......but I guess first call and see if they will deliver to the airport

ila

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 12:18 am
Bumping - whats the actual situation? I heard there is a meat restaurant that delivers for free if you order 40$ or more? What other options exist? Thank you in advance!

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 1:52 am
You could try a service like uber eats - there are so many delivery services available now for restaurants that didn't use to deliver because they didn't have enough delivery to warrant hiring their own delivery personnel.

ROFL

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 5:09 am
Look at my post above. They do make deliveries now. Call them and find out

ila

Post Thu, Aug 23 2018, 8:44 am
Thank you! What about the hashgaja? Is it a good one? The pizza restaurant is jalav Israel? thank you very much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics