Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age group is this Ettie's Collection set for?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 7:34 pm
Only because you asked. . . I can see my grandmother wearing something this LOL

Do you have any friends who have a great sense of style? It might be a good idea to ask someone like that to go shopping with you and act as your "personal stylist." It takes a while to develop a sense of style if it doesn't come naturally to you- so keep working at it! Read books, magazines, browse online and in stores, and most of all, look carefully at what you see others wearing. If that sounds like too much work for you, go shopping with someone you trust. Gl!

Chocoholic

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 7:41 pm
What about this cardigan in black (& layered).

Sophisticated but not too old-ladyish:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/.....60002

JollyMommy

Post Sun, May 09 2010, 10:54 pm
age group= 65+ even my mother wouldn't wear it. it is very outdated, sorry.

any sweater from:

oldnavy
gap
banana republic
jcrew

would be a lot better- you are yeshivish and OOT you can still look pretty and tzniusdik, just a bit more up to date.

Barbara

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 12:03 am
Simple cardigans worn belted, or cardigans with ruffled or otherwise embeliished necklines are hot right now.

For style (not quality,which may not be great) check out:

Really cute neckline:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....64032

Ruffle trim

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....46022

I think this would look good over a long sleeved tee, but YMMV

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....03022

amother

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:03 am
LOL You ladies are really making me laugh! Thanks for the honest opinions. I have really horrible fashion sense, huh? The thing is, though, that all the things you linked to, while cute, are sooo not my taste. They are just too fitted and trendy. I would feel really self-conscious in them.

I'm going to go shopping and see if I can find something similar but less fitted. Thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it! :-)

amother

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:08 am
Barbara, I didn't look at your links until after I posted. I just wanted to say that the first two sweaters you posted are really pretty. I suspect they may be too fitted, but that second one could really work if I got it in a larger size. Thanks for the links! :-)

amother

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:17 am
I was going through the links again, and I see that I was wrong. The actual cardigans themselves are very nice. Paired with ruffles and jewelry, it wouldn't be a style I'm comfortable in, but the cardigans themselves are cute if bought in a larger-than-normal size. Just wanted to say again that I really appreciate everybody taking the time to link. Thanks!

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:17 am
Something not fitted or in the wrong size doesn't make you look good, honestly.

amother

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 1:29 pm
OP here: once you have a bunch of kids ka"h, fitted definitely doesn't look good! (at least on me) :-)

imaima

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
OP here: once you have a bunch of kids ka"h, fitted definitely doesn't look good! (at least on me) :-)

take fitted in the right size. If you get too loose/oversized cardigan, you may look like you've had more kids than you actually have Wink

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 10 2010, 9:22 pm
OP, I seriously don't think that the set is too mature or matronly for a 34 year old.
I think what people are saying is that it's not stylish enough for their urban tastes.
If you like it - I say go for it!

songbird

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 6:29 pm
There is a difference between FITTED (which usually makes people look larger,) and FITTING. To solve this problem I usually buy things a bit big and then take them in at the waist.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics