Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What can I use as a diaper cover when DD wears a skirt?
1  2  Next

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 9:59 pm
My toddler DD likes to wear skirts and most of them do not come with those underwear-looking diaper covers. I would like to cover up her diaper both for style reasons and to prevent her from quickly pulling off her diaper whenever it is wet (she is too young for toilet training). I have been searching online and haven't found anything reasonably priced yet.

Has anyone here found anything like that?

My DD wears size 3T or 4T.

Thanks

bnm

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:03 pm
get a cheap pack of panties

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:04 pm
DD wears a lot of skorts.

Children's Place has lots of them. http://www.childrensplace.com/.....25851|25924|26304_baby%20girl|bottoms|shorts%20-%20skorts
So does Lands End- http://www.landsend.com/pp/Kni.....index
Otherwise, I pair a dress with a pair of coordinating bikers shorts (legging material). Something like this, but I usually look for them on ebay- http://www.hannaandersson.com/.....om=SC|9|2|24|25|3||&simg=29638_28C
gymboree also has skorts or skirts that come with diaper covers- but I find that lately their skirts are very short & you need to size up- http://www.gymboree.com/shop/d.....17270

I'm specifically not buying diaper covers now- we're trying to toilet train.

Last edited by chaylizi on Thu, May 13 2010, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:07 pm
bnm wrote:
get a cheap pack of panties

Would the panties still fit over a full diaper?

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:08 pm
chaylizi wrote:
DD wears a lot of skorts.

Children's Place has lots of them. So does Lands End- but somewhat more expensive. Otherwise, I pair a dress with a pair of coordinating bikers shorts (legging material). Something like this, but I usually look for them on ebay- http://www.hannaandersson.com/.....om=SC|9|2|24|25|3||&simg=29638_28C

Chaylizi, the link isn't working. Are you sure that you posted it correctly?

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:09 pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hanna-Ande.....76de7
also I edited my previous post. I put in lots more links.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:12 pm
there is also a long legging version we did in the winter
http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-Hanna.....bd9b8

OldYoung

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:15 pm
I usually put my daughter in leggings when she wears a short skirt or dress, and they look really cute too! Walmart has capri length for 3.50 (I think) in a bunch of different colors. I also got a few from the Children's Place and they are a little dressier, with lace on the bottom.

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:16 pm
When I googled just now I came up with this: http://www.cheerleading.com/45-BT.htm

What do you think? Will the 4-6x work since it is going over a diaper or will it be too big? Will it be comfortable?

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:17 pm
What's your dd's build?

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:18 pm
OldYoung wrote:
I usually put my daughter in leggings when she wears a short skirt or dress, and they look really cute too! Walmart has capri length for 3.50 (I think) in a bunch of different colors. I also got a few from the Children's Place and they are a little dressier, with lace on the bottom.

During the winter I solved the problem by using tights. Do you think leggings would be too hot for the summer?

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:21 pm
DD is a bit chubby but not obese. She does tend to carry weight towards the bottom (she has big thighs).

She is 22-months-old, about 30 pounds and 34 inches tall (around the 90-95th percentile for weight and height ka"h).

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 10:21 pm
maybe try shorts that are just over the knee. it should be comfy.

(I should confess that I haven't had to bother with this for a long time. I don't buy much for dd#2. DD#1's previous wardrobe is working quite nicely at the moment.)

even if she is chubby, I think a 4-6 might be a stretch for a 22 month old.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:13 pm
why does a baby NEED a diaper cover?
Please tell em it is NOT for tznius...

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:17 pm
Do a search for "bloomers" (that's what the diaper covers that the usually come with the toddler's skirts/dresses are called.)
Also, try looking for leggings or capri leggings. (Children's Place usually has them for decent prices.)
Or else maybe I can lend you some of my bloomers? Smile (Though I don't think I have those sizes?)

Atali

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:19 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
why does a baby NEED a diaper cover?
Please tell em it is NOT for tznius...

No, it isn't for tznius or else I would insist that she wears tights, but I am waiting until she gets a bit older for that.

It is for the reasons mentioned in my first post.

poelmamosh

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:20 pm
I have a whole bag of different colored diaper covers (mostly new, since my dds were toilet-trained by 3). Don't quite know why I kept them...I think shorts w/o the elastic would be more comfy on chubby legs, though. Do you want them? Can you get them?

bnm

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do a search for "bloomers" (that's what the diaper covers that the usually come with the toddler's skirts/dresses are called.)
Also, try looking for leggings or capri leggings. (Children's Place usually has them for decent prices.)
Or else maybe I can lend you some of my bloomers? Smile (Though I don't think I have those sizes?)

what sizes? I was looking for some in every store in BP and they all thought I'm nuts, they aren't sold around here anymore. my neighbor dug one out of her attic that we bought her when she had her first girl after 5 boys, the girl is in 6th grade already...it fits and its adorable but I think its a newborn size and my daughter wears a size 3 pamper already

4Sisters

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:22 pm
I used bike shorts or leggings when my girls were younger. Very cute and, as was pointed out, very reasonably-priced for the leggings at Target.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 13 2010, 11:24 pm
bnm wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

what sizes? I was looking for some in every store in BP and they all thought I'm nuts, they aren't sold around here anymore. my neighbor dug one out of her attic that we bought her when she had her first girl after 5 boys, the girl is in 6th grade already...it fits and its adorable but I think its a newborn size and my daughter wears a size 3 pamper already
A few different sizes. I only have the ones that came with her skirts and dresses. I also had a hard time finding them just on their own.
What colors do you need? I look through the stuff that accessible for you. And then you'll see if you want to borrow any.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics