Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Vide makeup tutorials. would anyne be interested?
1  2  Next

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:03 pm
I am trying to promotemyselfas a makeup artist but I'm on a budget I've een considering dong video How-To's as a way t spread my nae. if I posted them here, would there be an interest? I dn't wanna ut in the time and effrtif none will watch or forward them

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:07 pm
That's an interesting idea.
Maybe you can make CDs and give them out to customers that buy over a certain amount etc...
I think it would be very helpful and ppl buying makeup for the first time would probably love the idea.

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:12 pm
If you're good, I might watch them! Wink

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:30 pm
so thats one. great start. anyne else? I need at least 7 before I will start them.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:31 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
That's an interesting idea.
Maybe you can make CDs and give them out to customers that buy over a certain amount etc...
I think it would be very helpful and ppl buying makeup for the first time would probably love the idea.

I am, not selling makeup t this point. I wannt t promte mself as an artist to be hired for simchas, photo shoots,ect...

Strictlycurls

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:46 pm
I'd watch to see if I can learn anything from them.

(I think you mentioned before that Binah charges too much for an ad? Does your city have a weekly Community Connections (Monsey), or Torah Times (Brooklyn) etc, because I'm sure they charge less for ads. Binah magazine has a international coverage of readers in addition to where you live, and I'm sure its not necessary for you to put in an ad so that people who don't even live in your city will see it.)

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 3:50 pm
Strictlycurls wrote:
I'd watch to see if I can learn anything from them.

(I think you mentioned before that Binah charges too much for an ad? Does your city have a weekly Community Connections (Monsey), or Torah Times (Brooklyn) etc, because I'm sure they charge less for ads. Binah magazine has a international coverage of readers in addition to where you live, and I'm sure its not necessary for you to put in an ad so that people who don't even live in your city will see it.)

Good point.
I would go with the Torah Times if they're not expensive

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:01 pm
I have considered torah times, ut 1: does anyne lok there for makeup artists? and 2: I have found few eole wll pick me out of an ad if they have not heard of me before. thats why I'm trying to spread the nae and gain a reputation via these vogs.

if I did this would any of you ladies also be willing to forward them, post them on your facebook or twitter, ect to help me reach beyond my immediate circle of friends?

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:17 pm
another question. im pretty obese. I know it souldn'tmatter but I'm afrad I may not be pretty enugh for flkst take me seriusly if do my ow face, but o one I have asked it willing to model for web videos. should use my own large but pleasant face anyway, and hope people aren't so shallowor keep model hunting? would yu hire a large makeup artist? I'm not being insecure, this is purely a question of marketing. be hnest, even if you wanna be anonymous

mimishkl

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:22 pm
I would watch! If you do a good job no one cares how the artist looks or smells?

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:28 pm
lol. never implied that I stink! and the smell people do care about. you're right up in their noses. ut thanks. I'mglad tthat you'd accept my work n its own merit

Sherri

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:29 pm
Listen, your body is your canvas, and you can't control that. I think it's more about what you do with it that makes a difference.

However, I can understand feeling uncomfortable taping yourself regardless of what your canvas is...

lovemywig

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 4:35 pm
I will watch ,you have my word on it. I always watch u-tube clips of hair n face. And if I like your wrk then your hired.

Most ppl watching want to learn how to do on there own...but most cant. So for that special occasion they will hire you.

You can be obese as long as your outfit doesnt pull to much attention its fine. Wear solid colors n have a pretty model n your good to go.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 7:26 pm
I mean I would e my own model. I cant find anyone who would agree to be filmed so my own face would be getting the work. when I have a big doughy face there is only so much makeup can do. I'm not gonna look like cindy crawford ad if people are looing at my face as aan exampleof my work I'm afraid it might be a distraction

lovemywig

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 7:34 pm
I too am obese and wouldnt model my product. Its okay to be in the ad but not the focal point. (I think) You want your ad to look its best and a thinner and fine face would be perfect. It would also look better if you do the clip on someone rather than on yourself.

Just my opinion.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:04 pm
yes, id love it

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 8:37 pm
lovemywig wrote:
I too am obese and wouldnt model my product. Its okay to be in the ad but not the focal point. (I think) You want your ad to look its best and a thinner and fine face would be perfect. It would also look better if you do the clip on someone rather than on yourself.

Just my opinion.

I was afraid of that. I totaly agree ut none of my friends or family are willing to model for me. I already asked them all, so tis would make for looong waits between videos.

amother

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 9:28 pm
Maybe Jew in the City/Allison would model for you. She's pretty, she lives in the NY area, she likes to be on camera and she seems to like fashion and makeup. I'm serious...it's a thought. People seem to like watching her - I do!

Tweedledee

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 11:10 pm
ok, next. any requests for my first video?

ClaRivka

Post Mon, May 24 2010, 11:42 pm
smoky eye- dont have any idea how to do it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics