Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which lipstick is "in" now?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 7:45 pm
I wear a cheap lipstick and I am interested in buying a better one. Can you please tell me what to get (I know everyone is different etc. so don't give me that excuse please).besides for the shade do should I look for a rich or matte etc. I want the one chasideshe ladies in boro park wear. I know I will need to try if it looks good on me but where should I start? Thanks in advance

faigie

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 7:54 pm
We're using NATURAL tones now. try to find a color that matches, or comes close to your own natural lip color. You can achieve that look a few ways.
1. you can purchase a lip pencil that matches your lip color, and put a gloss on top of that
or
2. simply find a SHEER lipstick that comes close to your natural shade.
or
3. find a matte lipstick, and only apply it very lightly.
or
4. find a lip STAIN in your own lips color, apply it with or without a gloss.
hope that helps you!

Tweedledee

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:09 pm
neutrals which are subte earthy, nude, pink/nude, soft peachy,or chamagne cors ike these

amother

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:23 pm
faigie wrote:
We're using NATURAL tones now. try to find a color that matches, or comes close to your own natural lip color.
what is the name called for that natural look? If I am asking for a specific item then I need the name that mac etc. Calls it.

nice and easy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:25 pm
what are these natural tones called (I mean that purple pinkish look)

MamaBear

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:26 pm
I use makeupalley.com to review stuff before I purchase it. A very popular product right now, that happens to be affordable (and returnable at CVS even after you try it - that's their policy) is a new line from Revlon called Revlon Colorburst lipstick. It's being compared to the pricier department stores lines. Anyhow, I normally don't rave about drugstore stuff, but the lipstick is a combination of matte and sheen, it's creamy and has great staying power. The soft nude has pinkish undertones and is really flattering.

Cheap doesn't always mean bad!

nice and easy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:26 pm
well sorry maybe its that reddish look whatever you know what I mean...

faigie

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:37 pm
the easiest way to figure out EXACTLY WHICH natural tone is YOUR natural tone is easy...
METHOD:
go to a mirror and pull out your lip a bit. now LOOK at that color. think about it for a minute. we never actually take the time to look at the actual color of our lips. notice, that your color might not be pink,, it might be a bit orangish. your color might be a bit towards purple. it might be a real pinky color. everyone is different.
after youve seen your actual color, youll be able to see which direction your selection should go Smile

nice and easy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:42 pm
there is a excellent product called "all over colour" blush from clinique which I recently bought its amazing and I love it. has great reviews too. I have the blossom shade. I was wondering if anyone else has it. I use it as a bronzer it comes with 3 diferent shades. what do most people use as a bronzer?

nice and easy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:46 pm
faigie wrote:
the easiest way to figure out EXACTLY WHICH natural tone is YOUR natural tone is easy...
METHOD:
go to a mirror and pull out your lip a bit. now LOOK at that color. think about it for a minute. we never actually take the time to look at the actual color of our lips. notice, that your color might not be pink,, it might be a bit orangish. your color might be a bit towards purple. it might be a real pinky color.
after youve seen your actual color, youll be able to see which direction your selection should go Smile
and when I get to the makeup counter where do I start? There are tons of lipstick that are purple...?

Tweedledee

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 8:59 pm
nice and easy wrote:
what are these natural tones called (I mean that purple pinkish look)
there is no one name. the color will be different for eachperson. the lip loo is called neutral but that encompases a famy of coors of which you need to find your shade
there isno way to tell you wha your shade is without meeting you and trying things on you

faigie

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:08 pm
nice and easy, if you want to go the do it yourself route, id suggest that your best chance at success would be with a SHEER shade or a stain. the sheerness of both will allow your own color to shine through, blending the color of the product, TOGETHER with the coloring of your own lip. cover girl ( yessssss cover girl), makes a nice stain.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:12 pm
the colors that are extremely in now, and the ones that are flying off my shelves are a very sharp pink, a pinkish red that looks amazing on all skin tones, and a peachy neutral pink...

about the clinique all over blush- I have it and love it.. use it as blush and use something else for bronzer..

jewels

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:22 pm
Mac has a great gloss called lipgelee - it comes in a very deep wine color that looks perfect on lips. Although it looks very dark in the tub on lips it looks very natural with a hint of rosy color. Really pretty, I live in it.

MiamiMommy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:30 pm
I love MAC. If you go to one of their counters and tell them what you're looking for, they'll help you. I find that they hire really good people who generally know their stuff.

MiamiMommy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:33 pm
This has been my favorite neutral for years. I buy it at Walgreens!

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/.....e=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|
main:pdp//objectid+Cos12c_30//{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+Cos12c_30//}|media:_blank|nav|
overlay:_blank}

amother

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:34 pm
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
the colors that are extremely in now, and the ones that are flying off my shelves are a very sharp pink, a pinkish red that looks amazing on all skin tones, and a peachy neutral pink...

about the clinique all over blush- I have it and love it.. use it as blush and use something else for bronzer..
Do you have the name and company of your most popular pinkish red (for fair skin, dark hair)

MiamiMommy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:36 pm
MiamiMommy wrote:

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/.....e=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:pdp//objectid+Cos12c_30//
{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+Cos12c_30//}|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank}

(not attaching properly, I think you have to copy and paste)

jewels

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:36 pm
MiamiMommy wrote:

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/.....e=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:pdp//objectid+Cos12c_30//
{pdp_tab:pdp_overview//objectid+Cos12c_30//}|media:_blank|nav|overlay:_blank}

what color is it? The link takes you to the home page

nice and easy

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 9:50 pm
beauty and the beast can you please post the brand of the pinky redish lipstick and the name also if its a sheer matte or rich. Thanks btw which shade "all over colour" do u have?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics