Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Help I am 35yrs old scary
1  2  Next

overworked

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:22 pm
its a real scary number

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:25 pm
Happy Birthday, but when you'll be 45, 55, 65, etc.. iy"h, then you'll look back and say, 35, scary, nah Exclamation Exclamation

kitov

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 7:39 pm
Congratulations on reaching the high-risk milestone.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:38 pm
Happy Birthday!

Cookie Monster

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 9:50 pm
Happy Birthday!!

TehillaHadassah

Post Sun, May 30 2010, 10:29 pm
Happy Birthday Queen

Some time ago, family members freaked on my 50th. I had a wonderful day. Seems birthday's are becoming a lot of fun for all us older youngsters.

And youth didn't even end. I still see the mikvah lady. shock THAT I could do without, lol.

overworked

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 1:06 am
thanks for the goodwishes dh took me out for dinner so I didnt see this site until now

mandksima

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:11 am
Happy birthday!

I also turned 35 this year. It was quite a shocker as the number suddenly appeared, well, old! Especially when I have seminary girls over, I realize I'm about twice as old as them- how can that be?

I know that when I'm 70, B"EH, I'll be even more shocked at how fast I got there! Time flies alright.

jasmine

Post Wed, Jun 02 2010, 10:39 pm
35 scary???????????????? nothing to be scared about really..........welcome it with open arms...
soon, maybe in a few years or so, obviously I don't know your situation with off spring...but just relish this thought and picture this scene: taking a bubble bath in the middle of the day, because no one is home to nag, to intrude, or whatever; lay back enjoy the silence, nice serene music, a bit of wine, hot chocolate, chai tea, a good book..........I am telling you, you have what to look forward to...embrace each year as it comes......like good vintage wine, getting better with age........... Wink
Belated Happy birthday!!!!

LeahW

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 3:19 pm
jasmine wrote:
35 scary???????????????? nothing to be scared about really..........welcome it with open arms...
soon, maybe in a few years or so, obviously I don't know your situation with off spring...but just relish this thought and picture this scene: taking a bubble bath in the middle of the day, because no one is home to nag, to intrude, or whatever; lay back enjoy the silence, nice serene music, a bit of wine, hot chocolate, chai tea, a good book..........I am telling you, you have what to look forward to...embrace each year as it comes......like good vintage wine, getting better with age........... Wink

I'm sure you mean well, but.... Many women want to keep having kids as long as they can (or there is no bubble bath where they work)... I don't see most women I know finding comfort in thinking "35....No little kids to bug you!"

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 3:49 pm
LeahW wrote:
jasmine wrote:

I'm sure you mean well, but.... Many women want to keep having kids as long as they can (or there is no bubble bath where they work)... I don't see most women I know finding comfort in thinking "35....No little kids to bug you!"

see the bold

LeahW

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 4:08 pm
yo'ma wrote:
LeahW wrote:
jasmine wrote:

see the bold

Yeah?

jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 6:13 pm
Leah W. darling, by all means you should be blessed with lots and lots of children as much as Ha Shem wants to give you, and they all should live and be well..................
but reality is, as you get older, priorities change, ditto with our bodies as well as with our mental and emotional capacities; and further, the children get older and start making lives for themselves, as it should be. Along the way, if you haven't done so already, you (collective you) should think about your needs and start taking care of yourself, as we can't be all things to all people...BTW, this is no chiddush here, it should be obvious.

I hope for your well being you can find a quiet moment, a sanctuary to relax and pamper yourself. Actually you should not wait until the years to come, but start getting into the practice NOW. Are we all so ridden with Jewish guilt that we can't enjoy a book, for some a bath, or quiet time to recharge or even a DVD?. What are we? locomotives???; and yes kids do bug us, nag us, and need space from us as we need space from them, and that's okay............where I worked in the past, I had enough jewish guilt for the whole unit. Basically among non jews, I learned one thing from them. Not to be so heavy, so analytical and apologectic all the time, but rather lighten up and have fun. So who ever started this thread in the first place, getting older is nothing to be scared about, but embrace each decade as it comes and enjoy them(the decades with and without the children, and grandchildren) along the way...

catonmylap

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:59 pm
jasmine wrote:
Leah W. darling, by all means you should be blessed with lots and lots of children as much as Ha Shem wants to give you, and they all should live and be well..................
but reality is, as you get older, priorities change, ditto with our bodies as well as with our mental and emotional capacities; and further, the children get older and start making lives for themselves, as it should be. Along the way, if you haven't done so already, you (collective you) should think about your needs and start taking care of yourself, as we can't be all things to all people...BTW, this is no chiddush here, it should be obvious.

I hope for your well being you can find a quiet moment, a sanctuary to relax and pamper yourself. Actually you should not wait until the years to come, but start getting into the practice NOW. Are we all so ridden with Jewish guilt that we can't enjoy a book, for some a bath, or quiet time to recharge or even a DVD?. What are we? locomotives???; and yes kids do bug us, nag us, and need space from us as we need space from them, and that's okay............where I worked in the past, I had enough jewish guilt for the whole unit. Basically among non jews, I learned one thing from them. Not to be so heavy, so analytical and apologectic all the time, but rather lighten up and have fun. So who ever started this thread in the first place, getting older is nothing to be scared about, but embrace each decade as it comes and enjoy them(the decades with and without the children, and grandchildren) along the way...

Sorry, I'm with Leah W. on this...

saying enjoy that your kid years are over is sad and depressing, not wonderful....

Not everyone is on the same schedule, some of us are still early on in starting our families, and are really in the kids years now, and planning to be for quite a while yet... Some of us had our 20s to relax in the bath tub, etc, and appreciate having kids to bother us now!

LeahW

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:59 pm
jasmine wrote:

I hear. I don't think everyone feels this way, but I see what you are saying.

LeahW

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 12:06 am
catonmylap wrote:

Not everyone is on the same schedule, some of us are still early on in starting our families, and are really in the kids years now, and planning to be for quite a while yet... Some of us had our 20s to relax in the bath tub, etc, and appreciate having kids to bother us now!

Right... many women these days are just getting their families going at age 35.

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 12:42 am
yo'ma wrote:
Happy Birthday, but when you'll be 45, 55, 65, etc.. iy"h, then you'll look back and say, 35, scary, nah Exclamation Exclamation

Yup!

Mazal tov, ad meah v'essrim.

jasmine

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 2:01 am
perhaps you are right...there should be a 50yrs.+ group; I guess I have the wrong audience. Maybe this is an opportunity to start a new group, oh BTW, I love my kids dearly, so much at times, that they often push away a bit, setting borders, hey ma "[I]we need some space,[I] chill![/I]"...in fact they are happiest when I am involved, doing, creating, and most of all when I am kind and caring to myself and my husband as well. hatzlacha!

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:23 am
jasmine wrote:
perhaps you are right...there should be a 50yrs.+ group; I guess I have the wrong audience. Maybe this is an opportunity to start a new group, oh BTW, I love my kids dearly, so much at times, that they often push away a bit, setting borders, hey ma "[I]we need some space,[I] chill![/I]"...in fact they are happiest when I am involved, doing, creating, and most of all when I am kind and caring to myself and my husband as well. hatzlacha!
I, for one, will still be in the thick of things after age 50. My life won't be "quiet", IYH for another 15 years or so and I am over 47. And even then, who knows what will be. I may have grandchildren around the house. Them's the breaks!

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 6:52 am
jasmine wrote:

there is a 35plus group, or there was.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries