Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Anyone know of a gown gemach in Monsey?

Pizza4supper

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:55 pm
I need a gown for my brothers wedding and wondering if anyone knows of a gemach in Monsey, and also how much they charge. Thanx.

im here!

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 2:57 pm
There is Augenbrauns in the shoppers Haven mall. Their prices should be very reasonable.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 5:12 pm
mamele wrote:
There is Augenbrauns in the shoppers Haven mall. Their prices should be very reasonable.
Reasonable is relative and they are not a gemach.

Nicole

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 5:15 pm
There are a couple in passaic, I think.

HappyMommy23

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 5:41 pm
There is one open Wednesday evenings. The gowns are $100 plus you need to clean it. I can't look for the # right now but will bli neder once I can put my baby down.

Also how much is the place in Shopper's Haven?

Pizza4supper

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 5:54 pm
Nicole wrote:
There are a couple in passaic, I think.

I never thought of looking in Passaic. I wonder if it'll be cheaper then Monsey....... Thanx for all the suggestions so far, if you know of anymore places please let me know!

emama

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 5:55 pm
Augenbrauns and the place in Shoppers Haven are not gemachs. They are rentals- much more expensive than a gemach. There is a gemach in Passaic. Chabad of Fairlawn also runs one in Fairlawn.

morahaviva

Post Mon, May 31 2010, 10:50 pm
While we are at it - I need a gemach for kids- my daughter was asked to be a flower girl at my cousins wedding, and as it is I dont know how to find the money for a proper gift with all of us invited, let alone buy her a special dress to match the wedding party! Anyone know the contact info for the kids gemach in monsey? I know it MUST exist!

immaville

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 5:22 am
gown gemach: children: kleiner kinder,- listed under chizky klein , I think, -in the forshay area. open most tues nights.
gown rental for children, teens, some adult things: censor family on barbara lane, near college road.

mazel tov!

ImNotAMother

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 7:55 pm
I live in Passaic and am looking for a gown for my neice's wedding. Here is the list of Gemachs in Passaic and Monsey that I have found phone numbers for. Most of these are from Luach.com or other websites, but some are from the Passaic-Clifton Yeshiva Ketana Directory.

MONSEY - GEMACH ZICHRON AVIGAIL
Bridal Gown Gemach Zichron Avigail Bridal Gemach offers a beautiful line of Bridal Wedding Gowns here in Monsey - no need to shlep to Brooklyn. Evening appointments only; please call (845) 362-1325 from 7-10PM ONLY Donate your gown (perfect condition ONLY) and receive a tax deductible receipt.

MONSEY - PLUS SIZE GOWN GEMACH
Plus Size Clothing This is a brand new Gamach for Plus Size Simcha Clothing. Sizes 18 - 22 and some maternity are currently available. Suits are appropriate for weddings, Bar Mitzvas, Vort, etc. If you would like to set up an appointment or have some clothing in very good condition that you would like to donate, please call (845) 642-1192. Proceeds to benefit Bonei Olam.

MONSEY - CHASSUNA SUIT GEMACH
Sizes 4-18, (845) 425-0399

MONSEY - GOWN GEMACH
(845) 356-9434

MONSEY - GOWN GEMACH
Mother and sister of the Bride, Sizes 0-14, (845) 426-7496 or (845) 352-3031

FAIR LAWN - GOWN GEMACH
(201) 797-1770

PASSAIC - TANIA'S CLOSET
Bridal Gowns, (973) 777-1180 ; Women's Simcha clothing, (973) 773-5367

PASSAIC - CHASSUNA JEWELRY GEMACH
(973) 458-8381

PASSAIC - SIMCHA GOWN GEMACH
The Englewood Simcha Gemach has been relocated to 317 Aycrigg Ave. Passaic NJ Mother and sister gowns. $100 to take dress out of the gemach- all proceeds go to hachnasas kallah! Call Debbie at (973)-470-8703 for appointment

NORTH JERSEY (LOCATION NOT LISTED) - A C.H.A.I.N WEDDING GEMACH
Gowns for the Kallah and Sister of the Bride. Our gemach also can help you be as organized and stress free during your engagement period as possible. We provide information and items that will help organize you and your family members in preparation for the Big Day. We offer prayers for the bride, checklists of things to be done and bought as well as resources of how to get each thing done, and much more.
(201) 837 - 2058

Hope this helps!

ImNotAMother

Post Tue, Jun 01 2010, 8:01 pm
Also, the listings for Children's gown gemachs that I found in Monsey are:
1) Sizes 2-14, (845) 371-3432
2) Sizes 2-20, (845) 517-0596

In Passaic, the children's gown gemach is (973) 614-1407

Good luck!

cla

Post Mon, Jul 03 2017, 3:29 pm
immaville wrote:
gown gemach: children: kleiner kinder,- listed under chizky klein , I think, -in the forshay area. open most tues nights.
gown rental for children, teens, some adult things: censor family on barbara lane, near college road.

mazel tov!

Does anyone have contact infor for Censor on Barbara lane gemach?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics