Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Dessert without eggs
1  2  Next

avigail

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 10:43 pm
im having a shabbos guest whos allergic to eggs and nuts. any easy yummy recipes- preferably without too many unusual ingredients- dont feel like shopping again!!!

kkids

Post Thu, Jun 03 2010, 11:12 pm
I have a chocolaate cake and chocolate chip cookies also a napolean type cake with grham crakers riches whip avd vanilla pudding layered with chocolate and honey on top if you whant the recipes let me know

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 12:58 am
baked apple
ice cream made from just whip
apple crisp
cut up melon
ambrosia
compote

Frum

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 2:12 am
Hi,

That's funny, I was going to post the same question for this shabbos. I already decided on the desert. I will make fruit skewers, made from a sortation of nicely colored fruits. I will maybe serve them with chocolate sauce and/or cookies.

What will you serve for the rest of the meal? I find it really hard to find recipes without eggs.

Gut shabbos,

Frum

fiddle

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 4:36 am
had no eggs or any ingredients for that matter, found this recipe and its delicious!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/C......aspx

suzyq

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 9:44 am
My co-worker told me you can take a cake mix and a bottle of soda and make a cake out of it. I haven't tried it though. I did once make a cake out of a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin pie filling. That was yum.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 10:40 am
cherry ice cream

1 1/2 cup Whip (dessert topping)
1 can sweet pitted cherries (drained and chopped)
1 T cherry liquer or the cherry juice from the can
1 pkg cherry jello

place cherries in a small pot. Pour over liquor or juice. Sprinkle on jello. Stir mixture over med heat for 3 minutes or until warm. jello should completely dissolve but not jell. Put in the freezer to cool.

Whip the whip and fold in the cherry mixture.

My simple recipe is to just fold in choc chips or a chopped choc bar, pour in to 9inch round pan and freeze and serve in wedges.

The original recipe for the crust was:

8 oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 c. whip (dessert topping)
1 1/2 T cherry liquer or the cherry juice from the can

stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust and cool. Pour in cherry mixture and freeze.

But I didn't feel that part was worth the extra work. I'd rather the chocolate mixed into the ice cream.

sky

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 10:40 am
or check out this thread
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

avigail

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 10:41 am
thanks fiddle! the recipe looks yum!! I'm going to try that I think.
kkids, if you have time to post the recipes for the cookies and napoleons, that would be wonderful!!!
thanks!!

avigail

Post Fri, Jun 04 2010, 10:44 am
sky, youre making me hungry! but I dont have any of those things on hand, will have to wait for next week. what kind of whip? rich's, or the ready-whipped stuff?

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 10:40 pm
Frum wrote:
Hi,

I will make fruit skewers, made from a sortation of nicely colored fruits. I will maybe serve them with chocolate sauce and/or cookies.

I've made these using kiwi, pineapple, canteloupe, strawberries and grapes. I served it with a blueberry sauce - in a cleaned out half of a pineapple bowl.

My kids had so much fin helping make it! I cut the fruit into like size pieces and we made an assembely line down the kitchen table while preparing them. I helped the younger ones skewer the fruit - they were so proud of themselves when it was served to out many guests!!!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/F......aspx

shanie5

Post Sat, Jun 05 2010, 10:47 pm
suzyq wrote:
My co-worker told me you can take a cake mix and a bottle of soda and make a cake out of it. I haven't tried it though. I did once make a cake out of a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin pie filling. That was yum.

I've done this with a choc cake mix and canned pumpkin (not the pie filling). Also with brownie mix and cherry pie filling. The first one is actually considered low-calorie, possibly its from weight watchers.

sky

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 10:06 pm
avigail wrote:
sky, youre making me hungry! but I dont have any of those things on hand, will have to wait for next week. what kind of whip? rich's, or the ready-whipped stuff?

rich's - and then you whip it.

israelmama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:23 pm
Any ideas?

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:26 pm
Ice cream connolis!
Buy the shells and then whip 1 small Rich’s whip with 1 packet of vanilla pudding. Pipe into shells and freeze.

zoom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:31 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Ice cream connolis!
Buy the shells and then whip 1 small Rich’s whip with 1 packet of vanilla pudding. Pipe into shells and freeze.

mm thats yum!

I have arecipe for choc mousse with marshmalows instead of eggs. its really good!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:38 pm
zoom wrote:
mm thats yum!

I have arecipe for choc mousse with marshmalows instead of eggs. its really good!

Recipe please!

You can make a citrus granita that would be very refreshing.
Fruit salad
Fruit pies

It's summer, there are enough wonderful things in season now, that you can make all kinds of stuff that don't require eggs or nuts.

Bubblegum1

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:39 pm
If you have puff pastry dough babka sticks from kosher millenial cookbook are delish just skip the eggwash

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:40 pm
At this time of year there is,so much delicious fresh fruit that you don't need anything else. Try a perfectly cut up, perfectly chilled watermelon. Delicious, beautiful, and fairly healthy. I hardly ever make dessert during the summer.

israelmama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:41 pm
Any recipes that don't require whip/puff pastry/ margarine?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics