Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Dessert without eggs
Previous  1  2

israelmama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:42 pm
zoom wrote:
mm thats yum!

I have arecipe for choc mousse with marshmalows instead of eggs. its really good!

delicious!! Would pink marshmallows work? LOL I've only found pink and white marshmallows here.. can't find a plain white package

israelmama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Recipe please!

You can make a citrus granita that would be very refreshing.
Fruit salad
Fruit pies

It's summer, there are enough wonderful things in season now, that you can make all kinds of stuff that don't require eggs or nuts.

hmm maybe I'll do a pie! Thanks

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:48 pm
You can always Google "vegan deserts" for really good recipes. Some of them are a patchke, but others are simple and come out really nice. The best ones don't "pretend" to be something they are not. Fake anything is never that good in the long run. This is why I don't like things like chia seed pudding, or Rich's whip.

Stick to a basic, honest, recipe, and you can't go wrong.

Lets_Eat_Pie

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:10 pm
OP, I'm not sure where you're located, but summer fruit is delicious right now in the US. I'd make a fruit pie, maybe with some nondairy ice cream on the side.

I've made this peach raspberry cobbler recipe so many times I've lost count:
https://www.onearmedmama.com/2......html

A cobbler is easier than a pie since there's no crust and you can just dollop the biscuit topping on.

I also love most of the dessert recipes I've made from the vegan cookbook author Isa Moskowitz. She's got a bunch of recipes on her site - here's one for vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting that doesn't have any exotic ingredients. https://www.theppk.com/2010/11.....ache/

zoom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:13 pm
israelmama wrote:
delicious!! Would pink marshmallows work? LOL I've only found pink and white marshmallows here.. can't find a plain white package

sure!
il post recipe tomo pg.
its nightime here

bbhem5

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:09 pm
israelmama wrote:
Any recipes that don't require whip/puff pastry/ margarine?

Strawberry sorbet:
Blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and 1/2 cup sugar with 1 package frozen strawberries.
(Adjust sugar to taste. I actually use a bit less.)

Can do the same with kiwi and mango. I peel, chunk, and freeze theses fruits when they start getting overripe so I can make them into ices.

Beautiful if you layer them: kiwi, strawberry, mango - green, pink, orange.

If you don't mind artificial coloring, jello ices are easy and similar to Italian ices.
Dissolve 1 pack jello and 1 cup sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Mix in 2 cups juice (orange or pineapple). Freeze overnight. Blend or mix with a heavy duty mixer and refreeze. You can blend a second time for better texture.
You can prepare a few different colors and layer them in a loaf or pie pan. Slice to serve.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics