Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
CHAT INVITATIONS - PLLLEEEEEZ BE HONEST
Previous  1  2

Do you like to get invitations to join the chat room?
Yes, I like to get chat invitations  
 53%  [ 28 ]
NO! They're making me sick already, please stop sending them.  
 46%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 52

tulips

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 4:10 pm
Oh, and one more thing: I was clueless about the chat feature until I saw your pm inviting me in! So thanks for getting me started!

technic

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 4:47 pm
its nice 2 b invited - but pointless in my case since ill come in anyway if I can, invite or not! - and often im just on here briefly....

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 4:51 pm
I don't mind getting a chat invitation, if I can't come, I won't. Generally, my answer is the same as Technic's, I usually check out the chatroom anyways, so if I'm not in there, it's probably b/c I'm busy.

yoyosma

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 4:52 pm
I would rather not get them honestly, because if I cannot come in, I wont. If I can, I will, a reminder/invitation doesnt help me.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 7:44 pm
I love getting them Seven. Thanks - I always forget to go into chat so thanks for reminding me.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 9:09 pm
Tulips, I think e/one gets that message that they need to be logged in. I know I get it and a lot of others told me they get it too.
to come into chat room u can go to the left side of the screen where u have the menu, home, forum, chat, advice, invite a friend, etc... and u click on chat and you should be there.
also on the forum index page, u can go down to the bottom and u can see who is in the chat, and u can click there to join the chatroom.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 9:22 pm
Im not insulted when ppl don't come in...
bec. as some said, they get it days later, or they don't get popup notifications and their sound is off..

I usually invite like 25 ppl, (s/times more) and mabye 5 of those come in, so I'm not insulted when ppl don't come in, I understand some are signed on but away from the computer..

The only reason I want to know is bec. if s/one tells me they don't like the invitations.. it wont take me so long to invite ppl bec. I'll have less names to type. I have to wait 20 seconds between inviting one person and the next. so if I know who Hates my invites, I won't invite them anymore..

BTW, I had wanted to add more choices to the poll but I don't know how..

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 9:33 pm
miriam wrote:
I guess I think the invitations are unecessary b/c if I can come chat, I do.

ditto Smile

but thanks anyway m.

cindy324

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 10:25 pm
I don't mind your invites seven, I usually do come in if I have the time, but sometimes I'm just looking over the last few unread messages and don't have time to chat.

stem

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 10:56 pm
You can take me off your list... Smile

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 09 2006, 11:05 pm
Sometimes my computer times out and this happens more in chat than on the rest of the site. Then I get frustrated and turn the whole machine off. If I don't have that much time, I don't go to chat and if I do I only stay for a short time because I have other stuff to do.

willow

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 2:56 am
I don't mind at all Wink

chen

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:21 am
I'm pleased to be invited (why wouldn't I be?) but a) any time I've logged on there's not much of interest going on and b) I find the real-time interruptions and overlap confusing and distracting. (Don't feel bad, I don't do well in oral converstaion when 2 ppl are talkign at once, either.)

happy2beme

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:35 am
I like getting the invites. s/x's I can't go because I'm busy but it's still nice to know ur thinking of me Smile
& usually I 4get to go into chat so ur reminder helps

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 10:47 am
I’m impartial.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 1:52 pm
I'd love to be invited, the one time I was invited, was right before I had to leave work. Of course whether I should be chatting online at work is a different story embarrassed

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 3:26 pm
Sonniboni wrote:
I'd love to be invited, the one time I was invited, was right before I had to leave work. Of course whether I should be chatting online at work is a different story embarrassed

Sara, what does that mean??

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 3:29 pm
that means.....I don't have strong feelings for or against.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Mon, Jul 10 2006, 3:32 pm
gotcha!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics