Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim costumes -need cute and easy idea for toddler
1  2  3  Next

BlumaG

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 3:58 pm
does anyone have some cute and easy to make ideas for purim costumes for toddlers, I have a 14 months old so nothing thats constrictive to movement.

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 10 2005, 4:11 pm
this is really for holloween but you can probably use it. They are easy to make

http://www.babycenter.com/refc......html

hadasa

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 1:32 am
A very simple clown costume: Take a red turtle neck and blue sweatpants, cut out felt circles in red, yellow and blue. Sew or glue blue and yellow circles to the shirt and red and yellow circles to the pants. Top with a blue, yellow and red clown hat.

Choose the colors to coordinate with the hat - it gives a very nice effect and many people thought the costume was store-bought!!!

supermom

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 3:31 am
cute clown idea I think I will try it

Yael

Post Mon, Feb 14 2005, 10:37 pm
c'mon guys, we need more ideas!! purim is coming sooner than you think! what have you done in past years?

BlumaG

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 2:56 pm
I've seen ppl dres up their kids as crayons
I would do it this way:
take a one color stretchy/babygro or tights/pants with matching color shirt , get the same color party hat and put hte words crayon down the front/back of shirt

IM-MA

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:48 am
an apron and a baker's hat;
look at pictures in gallery: http://www.chabadonline.com/pu......html

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:55 am
Ok an online member who wishes to remain annon gave me an idea. That ia"h I will try to implement, though still haven't worked out the practicalitys.
Of making my twins 'Lechem Mishna' and then I thought of making the double stroller canopy 'Challah cover' so that part is not hard but the challah costume seems a drop hard since they also like to move b"h. I don't want to restrict them. Ideas anyone?

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:59 am
For Purim costumes in the past I've done

We have done the '3 crowns' ,each son was one.
A 'open Sefer Torah' one child, and 'a yad' another child.
A chupah being supported by one child 'as the choson' and one child 'as the kallah'.

And I as a little girl maaaaaaaany years ago dressed up as 'miss sew and so' one side I was fancy lancy and the other side my back I carryed my sewing box and all, even had saftey pins attached to me!

My daughter is turning 3 soon so she'll be a shabbos candle with a sign hanging from her saying 'soon I will be turning 3, won't you light shabbos candles with me' She will have a white shirt with dripping wax painted on it and a silver long skirt for candle holder.

The Flame will be set on a crown on her head I love to paint but don't ever have time, so now I have an excuse.

One of my sons wants to be agent emes, but not sure what other 3 want to be.

P.S. According to a letter written conc a boy under Bar Mitzvah dressing up a girl. The Lubavitcher Rebbe responded one should not. Just saw it in Chaim Dalfins books on answers to letters addressed to the Rebbe.

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 11:09 am
as an infant I dressed my son up as a farmer... overalls, plaid shirt, bandana, farmers straw hat.
last year I made him a torah costum... very cute, but a lot of work.
Haven't figured out this yeat yet, but I want to somehow have a theme for my 2 sons costumes (one is 2 the other will be 4 months.)
I still have a month.. but thats with sewing time ( shock )

BlumaG

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 1:26 pm
freilich for challahs take stocking the nude/borownish color and stuff them then braid, well u'll have to cut of an xtra leg from another pair and then pin to the front of child, for a younger child dont stiff too much so it won't be in the way, it'll b like they r wearing a challa,...just a thought...
good luck...

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 1:48 pm
Bluma g wow thanks a mil 8) it's goin be for my 7mnth old twins 8)

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 2:01 pm
perfect, freilich- then you wont have an extra leg hanging around wasted Smile

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 3:17 pm
Well instead of cutting tights might as well give them and please no gasps or ewwwwwwwww's. My old CLEAN stockings and yep part of my collection is those.... uh brown ones. Tongue Out

Since I haven't worn tights since I turned 18yrs. A looooooooong loooong loooong time ago embarrassed

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 4:42 pm
When my friend's twins were 11 months old, she dressed them up as a Meah Shearim couple. She put black tights on one's head for a tichel and black stockings and she had a black felt dress with a white pinafore. The other one had peyos from an old sheitel and a bekeshe and white stockings. It was a riot!

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 5:43 pm
Sarahd can just imagine Very Happy

supermom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:22 am
freilich wrote:

'soon I will be turning 3, won't you light shabbos candles with me'

cute

BlumaG

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 10:26 am
my sister in law has twin girls n last year the dressed up at chosson n kalla, they were 1 at the time
I am thinknig if I can get a cheap small pleated skirt I can dress my baby as a school girl Smileu know put on little freckles but she has no hair for braids Smile

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:06 pm
can make those out of thik yarn

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 2:31 pm
Quote:
but she has no hair for braids

Or plonk an old sheital on her with a cap to keep it on.

And once the twins walk I think I will pinch the idea of meah shearim couple..... Sarahd, hope she wont mind Wink
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics