Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
OOT family need help planning NYC (or area) chasuna

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:11 pm
We live out of NY and need to plan a chasuna somewhere in NYC or close by. Here are the combined hakpados from all sides:
1. hall can't have a mildew odor (from kallah)
2. must have some (not all) food served be authentic, delicious, Moroccan food (chatan )
3. some mixed seating at the seudah, separate dancing
4. 250 guests
5. 25000 budget

We are looking for halls, caterers, invitations, maybe flowers and photographer also. We've made a few weddings way oot, but this is really different.

Ideas? resources? suggestions? We've been making calls to halls and shuls. I would love it if anyone had a prepared list they compiled in the last few years.
Has anyone planned a wedding recently and really liked what they did? Can you share details? We are not flashy people. Everyone keeps saying they want it to be "nice" and "special", but not "fancy" or "over the top".

Thanks in advance!

ganizzy

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:35 pm
I would hire a wedding planner who has made weddings in new york
I know of one from crown heights - devorah benjamin - she's actually a member here.
im not from new york so I dont know all the halls, but from the time I spent in crown heights I can tell u there is a nice hall, that was only built a few years ago that people from all over brooklyn use (not only chabad) its called the Razag hall

amother

Post Tue, Jul 06 2010, 11:41 pm
OP here
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what a frum wedding planner charges?

bubby

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 8:02 am
email her...I think it's devorah@KSCVK.org, 917 225 2515.

The Razag certainly doesn't smell Confused I can't think of one that does. But I think your biggest problem may be the mixed seating, unless you go for something maybe near the 5 Towns, in New Jersey, or a hotel. As for Moroccan food...try Bentzion Kohen 718 382 5687.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 10:10 am
Mazel tov (mabrouch?) and hatzlacha. Many NY or NJ halls, if all's done in house (I.e. not in a hotel but a dedicated frum simcha hall) do have people who serve as planners in making sure things go on time, that all the accoutrements like becher, etc. are there, etc.

bobeli

Post Wed, Jul 07 2010, 11:48 pm
it might be a little fancy but Shaarei tzion have good sfardi food, mix dancing ok and will take you with 250 guest. they have ppl to make sure everything is on time, etc.

aidelmaidel

Post Fri, Jul 09 2010, 10:54 am
There are lots of party planners in NYC, but can you be more specific what community you want the chasunah in? I.e. Syrian (Flatbush/Deal), Persian (Great Neck), Litvish, Chabad, Chassidic (BP, Willy), etc?

RAM Catering/Foremost do most of the Syrian Weddings in Congregation Shaare Zion on Ocean Parkway in Flatbush. They surely can do Moroccan food.

Devorah Benjamin is excellent as well as SCOOP party planners. And if Devorah can't help you she can point you to someone who can.

Razag is a lovely hall, but I've never been to a wedding with some mixed seating there.

Flowers I recommend One of A Kind Florist in Boro Park - he does the gamut for every price range from several different silk flower set ups for kabbolos ponim to the whole deal with fresh for everything. He's very reasonable and you can go in and tell him your budget and work with him.

Photographers there are many but I've seen Mendel Meyers, Yaakov Rosenthal (great for both smaller/BT families and large FFB families) and Bentzion Elisha (very "artsy" type/photo journalism) all do excellent work. PM for #s.

Not too long ago someone came out with a chosson/Kallah directory - it was all around Boro Park. Maybe one of the BP folks on here could mail you one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics