Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Ricci...how do the sizes run?

Hippi Dippi

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:44 am
Can anyone give me an idea of how "Ricci" sizing runs? (I see their ad all the time on imamother, and entered the site and like some t-shirts there...) TIA!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:51 am
I think they run slightly on the large size -- or perhaps true to size for "Jewish" clothes. I wear the same size in Ricci as in most Jewish companies and as Lands End, but need one size larger in a secular brand like Old Navy.

WriterMom

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:54 am
I'd say slightly large - but also everything I've got from there is very forgiving, ie the skirts have elastic waists and some give, so maybe it's not so much that they run large, as that you can run a bit large and still fit in and look good!

I'm really happy with everything I've got from them, btw.

Tova

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 10:54 am
I love their t-shirts and wear them all summer long. I got about 8 or 10 at their sale at the end of last summer when they were $12/each (they are not that cheap this year). I wear them to work just fine (we have a business casual dress policy). They ran true to size (maybe a bit generous) for me for t-shirt size. Sometimes their website does not let you check out, so call the woman there - she is very sweet.

dee's mommy

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:13 pm
What is the neckline like on the shirts? I have a problem in that almost all shells/ t-shirts I buy are just a little under my collar bone. (I don't know why, maybe I have been blessed with a really high collar bone or something.) Would I have to order shirts a size smaller, or are they high necklines in the first place?

Thanks.

Hippi Dippi

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 12:57 pm
Thank you all for your helpful replies!
Another question about the t-shirts...are they clingy at all? I'm usually a x-small/small, but need to size up for b00b space...

Tova

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 2:29 pm
I find them very tznius in terms of neckline and clingyness. The colors/patterns are also beautiful. They sell at some frum women's stores so you can try on for sizing, but at least here the frum store sells them for much more than I can get direct from the website.

WriterMom - great line!

SV

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 2:32 pm
Tova, could you post a link please? The t-shirts I am seeing on the website seem to look very tight on the "models"

Tova

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 7:57 pm
Any of the patterned ones, really. This I love (I see it's backordered).

http://www.riccifashions.com/T......html

I have them in my regular t-shirt size and they are far from tight or clingy. They are nice and forgiving, but not too big or baggy. You can call and speak to the lady there who would be very helpful with sizing info, etc.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jul 08 2010, 8:50 pm
I just recieved my first order from the site. I ordered a 3x and it was huge!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics