Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Homeopathy
1  2  3  Next

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 12:24 pm
anybody have experience with homeopathy? I don't.

this article is quite interesting, with the differing views about it:

http://www.torah.org/learning/......html

chanab

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 3:20 pm
Oh, my.
I didn't finish reading the article, but I have treated my children EXCLUSIVELY with homeopathy for the last 7 1/2 yrs. they don't know what an antibiotic is.......

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 4:01 pm
it's not one article but many people's opinions

I'd be very interested in reading about your experiences, what you took for what problem, who dispensed it (credentials) or did you do-it-yourself. And under what circumstances, if any, would you seek conventional treatment?

chanab

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 5:50 pm
If I had more time, I would be able to explain it in depth.I just wanted to make the point that you can't just write it off like that.
But in brief:
Homeopathy is an energy-based form of medicine(which is why science can't prove that it works.)I do not self diagnose or self-treat. It is important to realize that like any other form of medicine homeopathy can also be harmful as well as beneficial.I have a very competent doctor (who unfortunately I cannot recommend because I don't live in the states/canada) and I feel this is KEY to success with homeopathy-having an EXPERT. There are various forms of homeopathy and the purest form is classical Homeopathy.I would advise using a homeopath who is also an MD (which is actually a requirement where I live). You can use specific remedies for specific ailments, but the best way is to use "constitutional remedies" which basically means that every person has a remedy specifically for him and his personality which the homeopath has to diagnose. In other words, he can use the same medicine for different illnesses.Homeopathy works by building resistance from the inside out and not by curing symptoms. The belief is that if you are ill, something is out of balance in your system and the remedy works to restore that balance so that automatically you are cured. Homeopathy takes into account emotional wellbeing too, so you end up becoming very in tune with yourself (or with your kids if you are treating them).
Its important to realize that its not always easy sailing (as with anything worth doing ) and you have to have a lot of commitment and also patience especially in the beginning.
It might be interesting for you to note that Rabbi Manis Friedman and Rabbi Yitschok Ginsburg are great supporters of homeopathy.
I'm sorry I don't have time for more........... Sad but I hope that helped.

shayna

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 11:22 pm
My son has arthritis, and was on 3 different medications, one was an injection I had to give once a week. Ilooked into homeopathy as well as food diet but I was told that I would have to keep him on his medication as well. So I chose not to b/c I would not know what is making him better. He was on it for a year and at 12 yrs I went to a mekubel from Israel and he told me that by hthe time he is 13 he will be better.

P.S. Since Sept. this year he has been off medication and his bar mitzva is in 3 1/2 weeks, Thank g-d...the doctors were baffeled beyond belief and said to me "there is someone above"

ForeverYoung

Post Fri, Feb 18 2005, 10:51 am
BY'H, I was able to treat my kids at home for the past 2 yrs -
when I got sick and tired of the 2 answers I ever got from the doc:
Virus or antibiotic.

My reference 'books' are my mother (who raised me w/out any antibiotics) & our chiropractor.

Motek

Post Fri, Feb 18 2005, 11:03 am
Quote:
He was on it for a year

shayna - would you please explain - what's "it"

your story sounds amazing and more details would be welcome

shayna

Post Fri, Feb 18 2005, 12:51 pm
Motek wrote:
Quote:
He was on it for a year

shayna - would you please explain - what's "it"

your story sounds amazing and more details would be welcome

the medication for his arthritis, I don't know what details I can give but if there are anty questuin , I am more than happy to answer Very Happy

Rivka

Post Sat, Feb 19 2005, 5:07 pm
So you just took him just like that without slowly stopping his medication?
Did you not feel it was risky or you felt you had nothing really to lose? What would have happened if he hadn;t been cured could you have gone straight back onto his medication?

shayna

Post Sat, Feb 19 2005, 6:56 pm
yes, if worse came to worse he could have gone back on it,but I only stopped the medication b/c my son told me he hadn't taken it in 2 weeks and he felt fine, so I stopped the injections and I asked everyday how he was feeling. after a month he went for his monthly routine check up and the dr. said to continue this way and if it comes back we should call her....but he is still seen, just now its every 4-5 mos then until its once a year.

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 9:36 pm
I just read a letter from a mother who writes that that her child had life-threatening reactions to many, many different allergens and her child, her brother, and many other children she knows, got rid of their allergies completely through homeopathy and a combination of other approaches of alternative healing, and lots of siyata dishmaya.

I find this so interesting because according to medical science, there is no cure for food allergies and only strict avoidance of the allergic substance can keep a person safe!

m&m

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 1:34 am
My mother uses Homeopathy and I have seen it work many times. I definitely believe that if you're in a life-threatening situation, obviously, conventional medicine is the way to go. However, it is definitely worth it to try out homeopathy instead of taking antibiotics if possible.

I know someone who had such a terrible ear-infection that the doctor wanted to put tubes in his ears. He was taken to a homeopath, given some remedy and within a week, it was all cleared up. I believe it's worth a try rather than tubes. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to the conventional way....

supermom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 10:26 am
my mother in law only uses for the past thirty something years and she says that it works I took it after I gave birth for bleeding and it stopped it automatically which doctors told me to use birht control pills to stop the bleeding. I have used it many times with strep, ears, stomach and all. I believe it works look sometimes I rather get medication for my kids. but for not so bad situations I just go for the remedies.

middy

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 10:32 pm
I use homeopathic remedies exclusively in my family and B"H have always had good results My children visit our pediatrician 1x ayear to get the medical forms for school filled out. I have several good books and s/t have to play around or try a couple of remedies but always good results. Also I took my children when they were younger and had ear infections to a chiropractor and had amazing results with that.

shaina punim

Post Sat, Dec 10 2005, 10:46 pm
I grew up on homeopathy and now I give it to my kids. it works if u have the right remidy.I`m big in arnica, for falls, bumps brusing.my kids ask for it when they dont feel well,so thats a good sign Smile

deedee

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:23 am
we also grew up with remedies. we are big fans of rescue remedy cream.

baby's mom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 12:43 am
I took homeopathy while in labor. Arnica, Aconite and one more, I forget.

I know people (and they are not "into" homepathy) who swear by the Arnica gel for bruising and swelling, they say the bump disappears instantly, however I haven't tried it yet.

middy

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 9:28 am
try the arnica it really works babysmom. I find it so interesting that you were given aconite in labor do you know what it was for, specifically ? Also, was the third remedy caulophyllum? That is the most common remedy for childbirth.

willow

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 9:51 am
I got this powdered mix from a famous homeopath in Israel for giving birth. It's supposed to help the before, during, and after for healing. I do not know what is in it but I know it contains things like Arnica,caulophyllum, rescue remedy and a whole bunch of other things. I have never used homeopathy before although I like the concept. If this works then I'll be using it for everything. Very Happy

baby's mom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 5:04 pm
middy wrote:
try the arnica it really works babysmom. I find it so interesting that you were given aconite in labor do you know what it was for, specifically ? Also, was the third remedy caulophyllum? That is the most common remedy for childbirth.

I own the arnica gel, but never needed to use it so far B"H Wink

Let's see, Arnica was for trauma,, bruises and soreness
I think the Aconite was for the sudden onset of different feelings, but don't quote me on that one.
the third one was Gelsemium.

My midwives recommend the first two for every homebirth.
As well as rescue remedy (which is not homeopathy)

Another thing, the midwives put herbs on my pads and froze them.It was the most soothing thing after the birth!!

Another tip from them, this is for sure off topis but to remove meconium they use olive oil! It works wonders!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics