Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Tuition Assistance

queenofhearts

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 4:24 pm
Having unfortunately to write a letter for tuition assistance this year for my kinderlach for school. We're in a new country with new tuition rates etc. what kind of letter will earn my kids a break in tuition? what do they generally look at? I would pay the full amount in a heart beat if I could.

being that I am married for a second time - do they expect the new spouse to pay tuition even if they are not his / her kids? even when they have their own kids to worry about?

any help you can give me will be most appreciated.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 12 2010, 6:24 pm
It's probably case-by-case. Different schools look for different things but you'll need to present why you need a tuition break. If you're sharing the household expense, they'll probably expect your current husband to make payment. If he has children from the previous marriage and he's contributing, you will need to state that and explain why he can't pay for your kids tuition. U said you're moving to anew country--do you/DH have tax returns to show how much you're earning?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children