Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Shorts

happyone

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 3:51 pm
Until what age would you put your son on shorts?
I know different schools have different rules. Was wondering what your thoughts are.

frummom

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 3:55 pm
in school, they can't wear them once they're in first grade. at camp, my boys wear shorts until they're 10 or so.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 4:32 pm
My son who is 8.5 now announced himself, I think 2 summers ago, that he was too old for shorts, and wouldn't wear them since.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 5:02 pm
most kids (boys) decide by themselves.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 19 2006, 4:05 am
in school follow the dress code, at home, whenever and till whenever they feel llike it.

elisecohen

Post Sun, Jul 23 2006, 1:33 pm
At our school it's allowed for the boys through 2nd grade. For summer outside of school I still allow my 9 year old to wear them. He's very immature (in fact he's dev delayed, but I'll probably allow his brother to wear them at this age too), and I don't have any problem with his wearing them. In fact, I got a lot of new shorts at The Children's Place on great sale that are very long but neat looking, not shlumpy or messy or anything. They're quite nice.

My boys even wear shorts (nice ones) with white short sleeve shirts and sandals for Shabbos. Neighbors tell us it's the "South African look." What's funny is that as babies my boys are dressed super fancy for Shabbos--smocked bubbles, hand embroidered outfits, knickers with long socks, the works (well, depending on what I've managed to make or find). But as elem. age boys I go for comfort--I'd rather that they are willing to put on what I have designated as "Shabbos wear" than to have a big argument at this age.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 10:22 pm
In our circles, kids stop wearing shorts by 6 years old.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 10:31 pm
Our school has a policy that no shorts after succus of kita aleph(ages 5-6 year olds). Ds still wears on shabbos, he could not care less what he wears.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children