Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Rocking on knees and crawling
1  2  Next

shayna

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 2:42 pm
This is baby #7, my little sweetie is 6 1/2 mos old and does not get up on his knees or attempts to move anywhere. Even when he sleeps he wakes up where he was put. He can roll over and sit when put in a sitting postion. Tomorrow is his 6th mos app. but I wanted to know if anyone else had late bloomers in this dept. (we do put him on the floor and he plays with toys within reach, if we place the toy out of reach, he makes no attemt to get it.)

proudmom

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 3:22 pm
it is really normal my daughter was a late bloomer. She didnt start crawling until she was around 10 months. There is nothing to worry about. My 9 month old baby doesnt even roll over.

Yael

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 3:52 pm
why are you calling him a late bloomer, its normal for a 6 mo. old to sit and roll. crawling at 7 months is really early!!!! average to crawl is 8-10 months.

BasHashem

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 4:03 pm
shayna
get real, your baby is fine, and not a late bloomer, he is a spolied baby who has a bunch of sibling doing EVERYTHING for him holding him loving him etc. why should he move LOL,

my daughter was very late in all those area, and now I can slow her down (and you know it Wink )

when your baby was over here the other day he looked very fine and active and right on target. find something else to stress out about.

love your buddy
Bashahsem

shayna

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 4:36 pm
I am not stressed, or worried I was wondering how many other babies out there crawl after 6 mos. My other children were all on their knees by 5-6 mos and crawled or wormed shortly after that. This one has no interest to even wiggle any where.

shayna

Post Tue, Feb 15 2005, 4:37 pm
Yael wrote:
why are you calling him a late bloomer, its normal for a 6 mo. old to sit and roll. crawling at 7 months is really early!!!! average to crawl is 8-10 months.

compared to my other 6 he is a late bloomer even though statistics don't .

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 4:02 am
shayna wrote:
I am not stressed, or worried I was wondering how many other babies out there crawl after 6 mos.

The majority, I should think.

Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 7:10 am
I wish!!!
the girls were on schedule more or less, but our little prince, almost 12 months now, is moving around, fast, but not crawling! it worries me a bit, as I have heard it might implicate developmental problems later on, but every body tells me to chill, so I try Confused

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 7:46 am
Pnina - I meant that the majority of babies begin to crawl when they are more than 6 months old, not that they are crawling by six months.

Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 7:49 am
thanks for clearing that up,sarahd! Smile don't get me wrong, no feelings were hurt here Wink
I just wish he would crawl already! he sometimes attempts to, and then changes his mind, and starts doing all kinds of complicated tush-legs moves, real quick!

proudmom

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:16 am
Quote:
complicated tush-legs moves, real quick

that is considered crawling. my daughter does the same thing

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:27 am
Zu did the camando sytle of crawling for a long time (like 3 months!). In fact I think he learned to crawl on his hands and knees about a week or so before he walked! Tev on the other hand is now 6 plus months and no interest. He is starting to get frustrated with not getting places on his tummy, but he usually just rolls where he wants to go if need be. Every kids is different. Even your own- Zu was crusing furniture and could climb anything (found him on hubby's shtender one day). Tev happily sits in the middle of the room playing with what I give him.

sara

Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 8:54 am
[quote="proudmom"][quote]complicated tush-legs moves, real quick[/quote]

that is considered crawling. my daughter does the same thing[/quote]

really? didn't know that! are you sure?

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:31 am
Even though my twins moved around and one started crawling earlier then other.The one who was my first crawler still can't sit unassisted at 7mnths so don't worry!

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 10:44 am
my 3rd baby is the 1st one to do the 'rocking on the 4s' thing.
Others scooted and crawled from sitting position.

We're actually having lots of fun with this one - she is the 'by the book' baby in the family!!! Wink

proudmom

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 11:20 am
Pnina wrote:
proudmom wrote:
Quote:
complicated tush-legs moves, real quick

that is considered crawling. my daughter does the same thing

really? didn't know that! are you sure?

Yes it is, I know 4 babies including mine that crawled that way. The doc told me that this is the way of crawling.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 11:22 am
Thats crawling pnina or moving around Surprised
And interesting out of all my kids never had one of those don't know why Confused

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 4:43 pm
My 7 month old doesn't crawl yet either. (neither does my friend's, who 's 2 days younger)
My baby does turn his body's direction around, sorta, though....
And sits well.
He stands holding. I think this may be advanced (?!), but When we put him in his Pack N Play standing, he walks holding on!!
My husband never crawled as a baby...he went straight to walking. Guess my baby might take after him!!

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 4:46 pm
I read about crawling on the bum and it mentioned if a child doesnt move both sides together it could mean learning disability.

Last edited by proudmom on Thu, Feb 17 2005, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

BasHashem

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 4:55 pm
I would like to know where u read that, and what age were they refering to, and was it ld or gross motor skills
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics