Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking to rent apartment in monsey
1  2  Next

hello

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 12:08 pm
Right now we are living in the city however, we are looking to relocate to Monsey right after yomim tovim. If anyone can help us find a 2 bedroom apartment in or near Chestnut Ridge or Forshay or Up the hill (no main roads please) I would greatly appreciate your help.

mammele26

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 5:03 pm
hello wrote:
Right now we are living in the city however, we are looking to relocate to Monsey right after yomim tovim. If anyone can help us find a 2 bedroom apartment in or near Chestnut Ridge or Forshay or Up the hill (no main roads please) I would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm having a hard time understanding what type of environment you're looking for. Chestnut Ridge and 'up the hill' are one thing. Forshay is another.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 5:04 pm
Forshay, chestnut ridge, and 'up the hill' are 3 totally different kinds of neighborhoods. And FTR, it is very hard to find just an apt in Chestnut Ridge, as most houses there dont have apts.

mammele26

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 5:26 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Forshay, chestnut ridge, and 'up the hill' are 3 totally different kinds of neighborhoods. And FTR, it is very hard to find just an apt in Chestnut Ridge, as most houses there dont have apts.

How is Chestnut Ridge 'totally' different than 'up the hill'? And you're very right about the bolded.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:14 pm
mammele26 wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

How is Chestnut Ridge 'totally' different than 'up the hill'? And you're very right about the bolded.

Cuz up the hill is more chassidish, and chestnut ridge is full of ex-chassidim and people who think having an address in 'monsey' is not cool. Yeah, I know A LOT such people.

Maya

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:21 pm
Mammele, I believe 'up the hill' is the area where I live now, but Chestnut Ridge is way out from here. Forshay is closer to us than Chestnut Ridge.

OP, we had seen an apartment on Cuckolo by College Rd. If you want, I can get you the number to see if it's still available.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:44 pm
Maya, up the hill is the area of Blauvelt and higher - Cameo Ridge, Cedar, Dover, etc. Don't you live farther than that? I live right outside of chestnut ridge, in the Old Nyack area. Forshay is just way too far for me LOL - takes about 20-25 minutes to drive from my place. Forshay is just a bit more 'modern' than both these areas.

Chloe

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:57 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
mammele26 wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

Cuz up the hill is more chassidish, and chestnut ridge is full of ex-chassidim and people who think having an address in 'monsey' is not cool. Yeah, I know A LOT such people.

I know 3 people in Chestnut Ridge and they are all so the opposite of what you describe. Two moved there from the city and bought there because it was a great buy for their money. The other one is from out of town and is wonderful and very erlich and chassidish.

Maya

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 6:59 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Maya, up the hill is the area of Blauvelt and higher - Cameo Ridge, Cedar, Dover, etc. Don't you live farther than that?

Oh, I don't know. I was told 'up the hill' meant the area from College Road up to West Maple or so.

new-here

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 8:40 pm
I'm from Monsey born & bred, and by me 'up the hill' meant Concord & Viola.
I guess it isn't a specific area. There is Forshay, & New Hempstead area which is in same direction.
Maya, where are you residing in Monsey these days? How did you adjust to the life?

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:37 pm
This thread has me in stitches! LOL LOL

We have a lot of 'hills' around here.

Maya wrote:
Mammele, I believe 'up the hill' is the area where I live now, but Chestnut Ridge is way out from here. Forshay is closer to us than Chestnut Ridge.

OP, we had seen an apartment on Cuckolo by College Rd. If you want, I can get you the number to see if it's still available.

Your area is not what's called up the hill. Up the hill used to be what a poster mentioned - Viola, Concord. But by now it's not even at the bottom of the hill. I don't think there's any one neighborhood that's up the hill these days.

IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Maya, up the hill is the area of Blauvelt and higher - Cameo Ridge, Cedar, Dover, etc. Don't you live farther than that? I live right outside of chestnut ridge, in the Old Nyack area. Forshay is just way too far for me LOL - takes about 20-25 minutes to drive from my place. Forshay is just a bit more 'modern' than both these areas.

Blauvelt et al is up the hill??? LOL LOL Woot! I didn't even know I was uber cool and used to live up the hill. It never even made the cut of being up the hill (even though the top of Blauvelt definitely is up the hill).

Forshay shouldn't take you anywhere near 20 minutes from your place.

And I think you're confusing Chestnut Ridge with Airmont. CR is far from ex chasidim crowd. It's a hodge podge of all types of chasidim, including the uber frum.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 9:41 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
This thread has me in stitches! LOL LOL

We have a lot of 'hills' around here.

Maya wrote:

Your area is not what's called up the hill. Up the hill used to be what a poster mentioned - Viola, Concord. But by now it's not even at the bottom of the hill. I don't think there's any one neighborhood that's up the hill these days.

IYamWhoIYam wrote:

Blauvelt et al is up the hill??? LOL LOL Woot! I didn't even know I was uber cool and used to live up the hill. It never even made the cut of being up the hill (even though the top of Blauvelt definitely is up the hill).

Forshay shouldn't take you anywhere near 20 minutes from your place.

And I think you're confusing Chestnut Ridge with Airmont. CR is far from ex chasidim crowd. It's a hodge podge of all types of chasidim, including the uber frum.

Hey, I LIVE NEAR CHESTNUT RIDGE!!! I see the people there Rolling Eyes who try to be way too cool. I actually asked someone about the 'hill' before I posted - LOL cuz I wasnt sure I got the area right. That's where they told me it is. And I try to stay away from driving to Forshay, it has never taken less than 20 minutes. And my husband is always accusing me of 'driving like a man' Wink

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:13 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

Hey, I LIVE NEAR CHESTNUT RIDGE!!! I see the people there Rolling Eyes who try to be way too cool. I actually asked someone about the 'hill' before I posted - LOL cuz I wasnt sure I got the area right. That's where they told me it is. And I try to stay away from driving to Forshay, it has never taken less than 20 minutes. And my husband is always accusing me of 'driving like a man' Wink

Yeah, I know you do. I still stand by what I said.

There is no hill left. It's all one big hill.

Then you must be making an awfully long detour.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:17 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

IDK. The traffic lights on the main streets are killers. I dont have much reason to go there, so I dont really care much. But I do love shopping at Wesley Kosher Wink

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:19 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

IDK. The traffic lights on the main streets are killers. I dont have much reason to go there, so I dont really care much. But I do love shopping at Wesley Kosher Wink

This is totally OT, but what route do you take?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:28 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

This is totally OT, but what route do you take?

To Wesley Kosher? Straight up 306, depending on the time of the day. Sometimes Old Saddle River. I havent been to Forshay in ages so it would depend where exactly I need to go. Why? Got a better route for me?

Maya

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:41 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

Check the apartments advertised for rent/sale in the Community Connections. Many of them are still described as being 'up the hill.'

Bliss

Post Mon, Aug 23 2010, 10:44 pm
deleted

Last edited by Bliss on Wed, Aug 25 2010, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 1:55 am
IYamWhoIYam wrote:

To Wesley Kosher? Straight up 306, depending on the time of the day. Sometimes Old Saddle River. I havent been to Forshay in ages so it would depend where exactly I need to go. Why? Got a better route for me?
Ah, Wesley Kosher = Forshay? Interesting. I was thinking Forshay Road, which would be up Route 59, down College until you hit Forshay.

I admittedly don't read the connections, but I'm curious which areas are considered up the hill in the connections.

hello

Post Tue, Aug 24 2010, 10:15 am
This is the reason why I stopped coming onto this site. All I asked is if anyone knows of an apt in these neighborhoods & I get 18 replies of everything but what I asked for. Does it matter that I'm looking for an apt in 3 diff neighborhoods? Why do u care that I'm asking about 3 entirely diff neighborhoods? I didn't ask for your advice!! All I asked for is if you know of an apt & if you don't just keep your mouth shut & don't start an entire conversation about where or what or how long or what type these neighborhoods are.
Thanks again imamothers for helping me out (the way you usually do) I guess I'll just simply do my own work!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating