Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Instead of titling a thread: Spin-off of _____ thread. . .

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:28 pm
Can you (collective you) just give it a title that aptly describes what it's about?

Lately I feel like there are hundreds of threads that are titled "Spin-off of ________". I may not read it because I wasn't very interested in the original thread, and later, after being very bored, I click on it only to find out that it has nothing to do with the other thread. It's only called a spin-off because the original thread inspired a different conversation that went off-topic.

And then you get threads titled "Spin-off of a Spin-off thread". It's a little confusing.

Sherri

Post Wed, Aug 25 2010, 12:55 pm
You make a good point.

And sometimes the title itself alludes to the fact that it was a spinoff. For example, if the original thread was "What's your favorite vegetable?" and someone starts a thread based on that "What's your least favorite vegetable?" (not too creative of examples, I know)- then the similarity of the titles let people know what it was based on (not that I am sure why it's important for people to know it's a spinoff now that I think about it).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics