Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Strange birthday party invite

amother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 9:52 pm
A few days ago, I bumped into the mother of one of my children's friends in the grocery. She said, "Oh, by the way, my dd is having a b-day party tomorrow. Your dd is invited." As I dropped off my dd, I heard one of the girls say, "I almost forgot about the party. The invitation was sent so long ago!" Basically, if the mother hadn't seen me in the store, my dd would have been invited. The party is over, but it makes me feel a little bad for dd, who thinks this is her friend!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 9:53 pm
that's people for ya. Don't take it personally.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Aug 30 2010, 9:54 pm
How old is your daughter? I think the mother did the right thing by inviting your daughter, even if it was an off-the-cuff last-minute invite. She just could have kept walking and not mentioned it, right? It would have been so much more hurtful if your daughter went to school today and heard everyone talking about a party she wasn't invited to.

I hope your DD had a good time Smile

strawberry cola

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 11:36 pm
People have hectic lives. I understand how you feel, but I wouldn't sweat over it. Probably means the mom or the kid was disorganized or forgetful. Happens to all of us. The best thing you could do here- for yourself AND your child- is chill.
If G-d forbid your kid was being bullied, that would call for a stronger reaction.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children