Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Ingrown hair: salicylic acid (1-2%) products

Tante Doda

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 6:36 pm
Hi. In researching how to minimize ingrown hairs, I keep coming across this ingredient.
The catch - where are these products? I've looked at so many products in drugstores and have only found two so far (including the one I bought - Clean & Clear's facial wash.)

The best would be to hear of a post-shaving salacylic acid treatment or oil.

Wikipedia: It works as both a keratolytic and comedolytic agent by causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth

Anybody find this or any other products good in preventing ingrowns?

I'm in North America.

Thanks very much.

gold21

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 6:49 pm
I know that Neutrogena makes a body wash with 2% salicylic acid. (I have the neutrogena salicylic acid face wash and love it, it keeps my skin clear B"H.) Also, I have heard of a product called Tendskin which prevents ingrown hairs, but I dont know much about it or where to purchase it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2010, 8:22 pm
Like gold21 mentioned, Tendskin is THE product for ingrown hairs.
See the ingredient list on Sephora's website.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/.....eInfo

Tante Doda

Post Fri, Sep 03 2010, 1:11 pm
Thank you each for responding, and so quickly!
I looked up Tendskin and am trying to figure out how expensive it is. If you use it daily on several places, how quickly do you go through a 16-oz or 8-oz bottle?
Thank you again.

Happy18

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 6:33 pm
It depends on how much you use. Regularly using a loofa at the same time also helps.

may2010

Post Tue, Sep 07 2010, 8:24 pm
Ingrown hairs occur due to a build-up of dead skin cells over the follicle containing the hair. This leads to the hair getting "stuck" under a small glob of skin, which then can develop pus like a pimple does. This can be painful and can be prominent in areas with thick hairs that are regularly shaved or waxed. The best thing to do about Folliculitis- or, Keratosis Pilaris, is to exfoliate the area often! Fortunately, there is a body wash/body creme duo that is the answer to your search for the right product! You'll absolutely love it. It works extremely well, and you'll see a difference within a week. It's called Glytone Keratosis Pilaris Kit and it's made just for this purpose. You can get it on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Glytone-....._bt_8 or you can try searching for it elsewhere online.

I hope this helps! Keep us posted!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics