Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Need good salad with salmon on top

koolmother

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 7:17 am
im looking for a good salad that I can have one everyones plates and that I can put salmon on top of that

key

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 10:20 am
quick and kosher by jaime geller has a nice one

shmaichul

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 11:22 am
Green eyes posted one last week in the thread titled 1st course... I made it and everyone really enjoyed!

koolmother

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 11:58 am
can you please post both recipes

crush

Post Sun, Sep 05 2010, 12:29 pm
greeneyes wrote:

Salad with Breaded Salmon Cubes:

Marinade: (make a double batch of the marinade & put 1/2 of it aside to use as salad dressing)
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil (I reduce the oil)
2 T. lemon juice

Cut salmon into cubes & marinate in the marinade. Dip the salmon cubes in cornflake crumbs, spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet, spray with pam, & bake at 350 or 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Make a lettuce based vegetable salad with veggies of your choice. Top with cooled salmon cubes & drizzle with honey mustard dressing. The salmon is especially delicious if served pretty soon after you bake it, rather than refrigerating it & using it later. Delicious!

greeneyes wrote:
I usually put in romaine lettuce, grape or cherry tomatoes, different colored peppers, & sliced cucumber, but you can totally use whatever veggies you like.

so there's greeneyes recipe, and it looks so yummy! I think I might make this for shabbos. I'm sorry, I don't have Quick and Kosher, or I would type that one up for you.

exhausted

Post Sat, Sep 11 2010, 12:38 pm
One of our favorite salmon salads is the bbq salmon salad from the Kosher by Design Short on Time.

The recipe is for it to be served in a big bowl but you can serve it individually.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Mon, Sep 13 2010, 9:49 pm
exhausted wrote:
One of our favorite salmon salads is the bbq salmon salad from the Kosher by Design Short on Time.

The recipe is for it to be served in a big bowl but you can serve it individually.

We like this one a lot as well - very very good!

Burrrberry

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 9:53 am
Can you please post the one from short on time? Smile

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:42 am
Burrrberry wrote:
Can you please post the one from short on time? Smile

Asian Barbecue Salmon Salad
• 1¼ lbs. fresh salmon filet, skin and all pinbones removed
• ½ cup favorite barbecue sauce
• 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
• 3 tsp toasted sesame oil, divided
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ¼ tsp Wasabi powder
• 1 large head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
• ½ English (hothouse) cucumber, unpeeled, sliced into ¼ inch half moons
• fine sea salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• black and white sesame seeds, for garnish

In a medium bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, garlic powder, and Wasabi powder.
Cut salmon into 2 inch cubes. Add the salmon cubes to the bowl and toss to coat.
Place the salmon in a single layer onto baking pan or broiler pan greased with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake uncovered, in oven preheated to 350, for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
In a bowl, combine the lettuce and sliced cucumbers. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with lemon juice and 1 tsp. sesame oil (optional).
Place the salmon cubes on top of the salad. Garnish with (black and) white sesame seeds.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Burrrberry

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:43 am
Thanks so much! Very Happy

saw50st8

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:57 am
crush wrote:
greeneyes wrote:

Salad with Breaded Salmon Cubes:

Marinade: (make a double batch of the marinade & put 1/2 of it aside to use as salad dressing)
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil (I reduce the oil)
2 T. lemon juice

Cut salmon into cubes & marinate in the marinade. Dip the salmon cubes in cornflake crumbs, spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet, spray with pam, & bake at 350 or 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Make a lettuce based vegetable salad with veggies of your choice. Top with cooled salmon cubes & drizzle with honey mustard dressing. The salmon is especially delicious if served pretty soon after you bake it, rather than refrigerating it & using it later. Delicious!

greeneyes wrote:
I usually put in romaine lettuce, grape or cherry tomatoes, different colored peppers, & sliced cucumber, but you can totally use whatever veggies you like.

so there's greeneyes recipe, and it looks so yummy! I think I might make this for shabbos. I'm sorry, I don't have Quick and Kosher, or I would type that one up for you.

This was a huge hit on Rosh Hashana. Everyone (adults and children) loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics