Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Best Honey Cake!
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 2:43 pm
Riff wrote:
Will freezing it make it better, worse...? If I made it now I'm assuming it wouldn't last until RH?
It freezes wonderfully.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 2:44 am
Ok now I'm stumped: To make Pink Tichel's cake or this one? Which is better? Which is more moist and dense?

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 3:53 am
Thanks for the tips on freezing it Smile

I think I'm gonna go with this recipe. If it goes wrong I'll try the other one! They both look equally good...

AZmom09

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 1:37 pm
I'm so glad everyone likes this. You can definitely freeze it and it will taste perfect once defrosted, but really you dont need to freeze it. Ive seen some recipes that you need to freeze it to make it moist, but this is moist as is.

Roots

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 3:38 pm
yummmmmmmmmmmmmyy!!!
I made it today. house smelled heavanly and the cake was even better. it tasts gr8 as is, but I did freeze one so I wont eat so much so fassssst
thanks OP!

spinkles

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 4:07 pm
I wanted to update. I left my honey cakes out for four days because I didn't have time to freeze them until today, so I tasted them today before I wrapped them and OP's honey cake is SOOOOOOOOO incredible! The Marcy Goldman one is not even close. Took so much willpower to freeze it rather than eat it! The honey flavor is so deep and rich and good. Please ignore my previous post. Make OP's recipe (as I said before, I omitted the cocoa and subbed mango juice for the coffee), let it sit out a few days to get incredibly flavorful, then freeze. It's by far the best honey cake I've ever eaten. Thanks again for this recipe!

beckster

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 9:40 pm
Would this work in a bundt pan?

spinkles

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 12:28 pm
It's a very moist cake. I had a little trouble getting it out of a regular loaf pan because it's so moist, so I wouldn't recommend a bundt pan.

AZmom09

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 12:35 pm
I never made it in a bundt pan but it came out easily of my loaf pan b.c I sprayed it with pam and then floured it. So maybe if you sprayed the pan well and be sure to flour it well it would come out.

beckster

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 11:09 pm
AZmom09 wrote:
I never made it in a bundt pan but it came out easily of my loaf pan b.c I sprayed it with pam and then floured it. So maybe if you sprayed the pan well and be sure to flour it well it would come out.

Thanks for your replies. I took your advice and it came out great Very Happy

fireworker

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 10:02 am
What size loaf pans do I make this cake in?

Butterfly

Post Wed, Sep 12 2012, 1:33 pm
Haven't been on Amother in ages...

I received the Shana Tova greeting from Yael via email and decided to press the link with the Yom Tov recipes which lead me to this recipe.

I always thought my honey cake recipes (I have two) were the best tasting ever. But now I'll risk trying the one from this thread... too many positive reviews to let it slip away...

What fascinates me about this recipe is that I don't need to get my mixer dirty... Wink

Thanks AZmom and participating Amothers of this thread.

kesiva Vechasima Tovah to all!

Tamiri

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 6:19 am
I always try to give credit where due so: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS RECIPE. It was uncomplicated, made a double batch easily, has a GREAT texture and wonderful honey flavor, even though there are all those other goodies in the recipe. Kudos! I will put it on my FB page.

AZmom09

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 9:38 am
I'm so glad everyone likes it. I kinda knew everyone would- I do Smile
I feel honored that my recipe made it on the email too!
Enjoy!

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 10:06 am
I made this recipe last night and I have one major problem with it: its just too darn good. I kept cutting sliver after sliver after sliver....

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 10:20 am
I made this recipe, but didn't taste it yet. I had to leave it in about 10-15 minutes longer than the asked for time. It's not burnt at all, but it smelled burnt. It was weird. I'm writing here just to ask, the oil can be put in before the honey, yes? I ask because it's best to oil the cup before measuring honey. I didn't put the oil in first because I didn't read the whole recipe first, so I sprayed it and it didn't come out of the cup that great, but oil works better.

AZmom09

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 10:23 am
Its possible just the top is a bit burnt, but the inside will be fine I think.
And ya I do the oil first or spray it like you said. That way the honey comes out easily.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 10:40 am
I baked three of the loaves in metal pans and one in a Pyrex. The Pyrex needed at least 12 minutes more than the others.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 1:21 pm
fireworker wrote:
What size loaf pans do I make this cake in?

use two 2 lb. loaf pans/9 x 5 x 3-inch

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 13 2012, 2:31 pm
AZmom09 wrote:
Its possible just the top is a bit burnt, but the inside will be fine I think.
And ya I do the oil first or spray it like you said. That way the honey comes out easily.

Actually none of it is burnt, just the smell. It's weird and hopefully by the time we eat it, the smell will be gone. I'm going to switch the oil and honey on the page I printed the recipe on.
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus