Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
If we chose buddies on imamother -- who would you pair up?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:28 am
SaraG wrote:
Could you all PLEASE leave alone my relationship - or lack thereof - with Mummyof 6!!!!!

Sara, did you notice that this was brought up by an anonymous poster on an internet forum, who probably knows neither of us? You know, people are allowed to post things here which we don't agree with. So what?

Take an example from me, and don't lose a night's sleep over it. What does it matter at all?

And if you're ever in Israel you can pick up a phone and come for lunch. (G-d forbid that I ever end up in NY.)

mali

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:37 am
mummyof6 wrote:
And if you're ever in Israel you can pick up a phone and come for lunch.
And we'll have a new poll, "Gues what I ate at mummyof6's house" LOL

Tova

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 11:47 am
supermom wrote:
Maybe she is busy with her grandchild..

As for who I would be hooked up with. I would say it would be hard to choose, but of course depends on the situation.

If I want a serious meeting I would take motek, mommyof6, rg, chavamom, hila , chen, sarayehudis, crayon Smile

If I would want a good laugh it would be technic, tefila, pearl, , downsyndrome, proudmom, LOL

People that I would love to meet Mindy, Tova, jewishmamatthebest, Sevensenses, Southernbubby, momoftwins, Sarag, Elisecohen, Queen, crayon, defy, lucky, Shabbosiscoming, 1stimer, all you israelis, Just about all of you I could go on and on with names. Very Happy

And as for you Brachavhatzlacha don't want to meet you but would love to see you again Very Happy.

If I forgot anyone I apologize I would like to meet all you old timers on here.

How VERY very nice...'specially since I am not a big poster here. Unless you meant someone else embarrassed

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:02 pm
Quote:
And if you're ever in Israel you can pick up a phone and come for lunch. (G-d forbid that I ever end up in NY.)
Mummyof6, what if your future daughter-in-law or son-in-law is from NY? Tongue Out

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:11 pm
mali wrote:
mummyof6 wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:15 pm
SaraYehudis wrote:
Quote:
Mummyof6, what if your future daughter-in-law or son-in-law is from NY? Tongue Out

I don't remember that that's one of the reasons that one is allowed to leave Eretz Yisrael. To find themselves a shidduch, yes. But for their child?

Anyway, my oldest is just Bas Mitsva so I jolly well hope by the time she's old enough (and I hope long before) you'll all be in Eretz Yisrael. Hope there'll be enough flights for you all when mashiach comes.

Very Happy

Mishie

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:21 pm
OMG..... Flippin'????????
Am I dreaming???????
Where were you?????
I thought I would never see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me................

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:57 pm
Quote:
I don't remember that that's one of the reasons that one is allowed to leave Eretz Yisrael. To find themselves a shidduch, yes. But for their child?
I see lots of choshuve Yidden from Eretz Yisrael coming for their children's chasunahs What , even their siblings chasunahs, neices, nephews. For a child's shidduch I would think it would be considered a mitzvah. Isn't that one of the reasons, for a mitzvah?

and if they stay less than 30 days would it be a problem? I know that the other way around, people who visited Eretz Yisrael were told to break up their visit with a visit to chutz l'aretz (Eilat) before thirty days had passed, so there shouldn't be any shailohs.

Quote:
so I jolly well hope by the time she's old enough (and I hope long before) you'll all be in Eretz Yisrael.
Amein!
Quote:
Hope there'll be enough flights for you all when mashiach comes
Eagle Express Airlines direct Wink

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:07 pm
Mummyof6, name three options for lunch. You can do it!

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:23 pm
SaraYehudis wrote:
Quote:
I see lots of choshuve Yidden from Eretz Yisrael coming for their children's chasunahs What , even their siblings chasunahs, neices, nephews. For a child's shidduch I would think it would be considered a mitzvah. Isn't that one of the reasons, for a mitzvah?

There are 3 reasons for which it's permitted to leave EY:
-to get married
-to learn Torah
-for parnassa reasons (with lots of conditions)
Anything else requires a shaila. I can't say that I ever heard of a rav saying it's assur for someone going to a chassuna of a close relative.

Quote:
and if they stay less than 30 days would it be a problem? I know that the other way around, people who visited Eretz Yisrael were told to break up their visit with a visit to chutz l'aretz (Eilat) before thirty days had passed, so there shouldn't be any shailohs.

I have a better solution, with even less shailas - stay to live in EY. Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:38 pm
So Mummy, let's hear what's for lunch!

I'm hungry!

technic

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 2:13 pm
mali wrote:
mummyof6 wrote:

Thumbs Up

flippinout

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 2:49 pm
Mishie wrote:
OMG..... Flippin'????????
Am I dreaming???????
Where were you?????
I thought I would never see you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM me................

Hey Mish! Wasup? U behavin??????????????????????

shalhevet

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 2:51 pm
SaraG wrote:
Mummyof6, name three options for lunch. You can do it!

That's your department.

I usually have enough trouble thinking of one. Confused

chavamom

Post Sat, Nov 04 2006, 9:21 pm
willow wrote:
elisecohen I think you are really neat and kind and I would love to meet you Wink

OK, I'll 'fess up. She was in town and was my guest for shabbos. We've known each other for years and have stayed in touch, but hadn't seen one another in person for 18 years. It was so fun to catch up!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 05 2006, 6:02 am
I usually eat my lunch in the office or at a shiur. I think I'll stick that with that.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 5:55 pm
I'd love to meet blossom, downsyndrome and crayon.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 6:47 pm
ILOVELIFE wrote:
I'd love to meet blossom, downsyndrome and crayon.

Thanks. :-)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 7:22 pm
It seems that for the most part people want to meet other people they either already know in real life or who are friends of people they know in real life. There is most commonly some type of real life connection somewhere down the line.

withhumor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2006, 7:28 pm
Motek and sarag/chocolate moose
Ruchel and down syndrome

Chen and southern bubby, these are my two mother figures – I revere every word they say
Tefila and Motek
Technic and sevensenses
Amother and Yael
Marney and shayna82
Lubcoralsprings and lillyofthevalley
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics