Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Ima's words of wisdom!
Previous  1  2

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 5:03 pm
8)

amother

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 1:05 am
my grandmother grew up during the depression so whenever we ate at her house she told us we had to finish our plates and if we couldnt then next time dont take so much!

my mother started to learn some yiddish so now her fav saying is "think good and it will be good"

amother

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 1:08 am
Quote:
The Torah states, "And in the heart of each person who had a wise heart I have given wisdom" (Exodus 31:6). Why does the Torah make having a wise heart a prerequisite for the Almighty granting wisdom?

Rabbi Chaim Shmuelevitz, former Rosh Hayeshiva of the Mir Yeshiva, teaches that from here we see that a person needs wisdom to merit acquiring wisdom. What is this wisdom? It is the heartfelt desire for more wisdom!

We can have a picture of what this desire is from the desire of Haman (in the Purim story) for honor. He was second to the king in power and the entire population of 127 countries bowed to him. Nevertheless, when Mordechai refused to bow down to him, he said that all his honor was as nothing since he was missing one person's honor. So, too, a person who has a deep love of wisdom feels a strong lack for any wisdom he is missing. When you have this love for wisdom, the Almighty will give you greater wisdom!

enjoy and have a great, enjoyable, relaxing shabbos!!!

Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 5:08 am
thank you all, for inspiration, and for realizing, once again, how fortunate I am for being a member of the Jewish Mothers Group!

good shabbos to all!

deedee

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 3:40 am
when ever we wanted something my father always used to say "you cant always get what you want". when I grew up I realized he was quoting a song and the rest of it goes "but if u try real hard you get what you need" good advice!
does anyone have a good (short) d'var torah for this week?

mimama

Post Mon, Sep 26 2005, 6:12 pm
" You never regret doing something good"

and for the Dvar Torah Part:
Tishrei is a time for us to work on ourselves and move closer to Hashem. That is why we spell Tishrei in Hebrew- Tof, Shin, Reish- from last letter of the Aleph Beis, moving upwards, striving....

Brooklynite

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 3:36 pm
Renewing an old thread...

My father's favorite word: Hischadshus! Mit a frishkeit!

Every day is a new opportunity to serve our Creator - let's not waste it!

In the evening he would say: If today wasn't good, tomorrow will be! Nisht oifgeben!

And in the morning: Ah, another day! How much we can accomplish... we have to 'chap arein'!

Just thinking about it, and really thinking into these words, is enough to give me a little push for the day...

Tefila

Post Sun, Dec 10 2006, 1:21 am
Anymore you can think of? Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational