Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
If one thing could be changed ...
1  2  Next

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 3:23 pm
I think that if women were polled and asked: what ONE thing they could change about their appearance, they would answer: their WEIGHT

and I think that if men were polled and asked: what ONE thing they could change about their appearance, they would answer: their HEIGHT or more HAIR

what do you think?

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 3:54 pm
Oh yes conc women! And men, well thats a whole new forum Wink
So why no poll? Very Happy

micki

Post Sun, Feb 20 2005, 7:17 pm
no- I would not. it would be my legs. I wish they were not so skinny.
and my hubby? his height.

imaamy

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 12:04 am
Skinny legs? Let's trade! My skirts are loose in the waist, tight across the thighs. Not fun shape to shop for! I have always worried about my weight. My husband would like height AND hair.

Tovah

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 1:10 pm
I could use a few inches

Motek

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 1:40 pm
what's with you posters - always personalizing everything Wink

I didn't ask what YOU would like changed in YOURSELF or your HUSBAND!

I asked about a poll about women and a poll about men - what would be the #1 thing

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 1:55 pm
Quote:
what's with you posters - always personalizing everything

Yep that us women for you. Very Happy

Psssss if one wants to know someone's whole life story one may not tell someone upfront. But a post here and a post there one will know everything about everybody. Very Happy

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 1:58 pm
good one, Motek Very Happy

Rivka

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 4:57 pm
Breasts (can I write that?)...legs, stomache. I think that would be top on any woman's list...oh musn't forget nose and lips. Men's? generally six pack, and nice pecks. If they are tall then they wouldn't want height, if they have hair they wouldn't want hair. Some men probably would want to change their legs.

Pecks = Chest muscles.
Six Pack = stomache muscles, if a guy works out enough, he can get a six pack, which you can see clearly as six seperate muscle bulges over the stomache.

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 10:05 pm
I have to agree with the six pack that is my hubby not hair or height that is for sure not. Most men I think want to strong and muscular.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 10:12 pm
height and hair are quite visible

stomach muscles? for a frum man? to be seen by whom? where?

just for his wife? the men at the mikva?

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 12:13 am
I just asked my husband and he answered me six pack and the whole shpiell. People a lot of times want to look good for themselves not the world. like when a woman wishes for less body hair or not so hairy arms who sees it? her husband? mikva ladies? why would they shave or wax for themselves not neccessary for the world. it is the same thing with men

Rivka

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 5:03 pm
Motek, men are just as vain as us.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 5:37 pm
Motek wrote:

stomach muscles? for a frum man? to be seen by whom? where?

just for his wife? the men at the mikva?

Excuse moi, Motek. MY hubby works out every day and has a six pack. He doesnt do it for "other men to see" and he doesnt do it for the "men at the mikvah"! He does it for himself. Just like I love to be thin and dress up- he feels great with himself by doing excersise for his body and looking good for himself.

Oh and by the way- what is wrong with a "frum lubavitcher" looking like that?

Rivka

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 6:17 am
it is healthy to work out at the gym. forget about how you look, you lose calories, you have a healthier heart and less likely to have problems when older with cholesterol. But if you have high blood pressure it isn't good to go, so you need to be checked at the gym. Working out doesn't only make you feel good, it lets out your happy hormones (forget the actual scientific word) and also energises your body for the day. I wish I had time to get back into the gym. After pesach I hope to join a new one that will allow me to work out in the evenings.

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 1:11 pm
amother - personalizing the thread, are we ... (see earlier posts)

Quote:
Oh and by the way- what is wrong with a "frum lubavitcher" looking like that?

my, you sound quite defensive ... after all, nobody said anything was wrong ... yet, though I can start if you insist ..

and rivka - no, men are not as vain as women unless the secular world with the men sashaying down runways and posing in clothing and cologne ads have influenced them

men proud of their looks? admiring themselves and preening in front of the mirror? how distinctly unmanly

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 1:28 pm
Quote:
men proud of their looks? admiring themselves and preening in front of the mirror? how distinctly unmanly

Even though in tanach there was someone who had the most glorious hair ( think avshalom not sure embarrassed ) who used to preen it etc.

And how Yosef Hatzaddik who according to one meforash na'ar lad means he dressed young, well dressed etc.

So men do look after their looks and yes to some of us does seem strange.
But then again there are women who don't and that also seems strange....
oh whatever I'm still feeling sick so excuse my mumbo jumbo Wink

Motek

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 4:50 pm
Quote:
Even though in tanach there was someone who had the most glorious hair ( think avshalom not sure embarrassed ) who used to preen it etc.

and he ended up getting hung, by his hair

Quote:
And how Yosef Hatzaddik who according to one meforash na'ar lad means he dressed young, well dressed etc.

and he was punished with Aishes Potifar

Rivka

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 5:30 pm
That was coz they should have known better. Men are just as vain. Check out all the face products they can get. Creams, aftershave, spot things (if they weren't vain they wouldn't care that they had acne on their face).
It isn't unmanly to be like that. Coz if you are talking about rough men, then you are also talking about the type that don't use deodrant and think their smelly manly scent is just so macho. Urgh.

proudmom

Post Tue, Mar 08 2005, 5:36 pm
Quote:

I feel there is nothing wrong with that
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics