Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Pinworm connection

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:45 am
Ok so my son got pinworms. Hes 3 in Nursery. First of all I would like to treat it without using the meds so anyone with experience please advise. Secondly - I was wondering if eating alot of CANDY junk has to do with getting the worms? He had an unusual amount over the Chag and then got worms....

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:49 am
amother wrote:
Ok so my son got pinworms. Hes 3 in Nursery. First of all I would like to treat it without using the meds so anyone with experience please advise. Secondly - I was wondering if eating alot of CANDY junk has to do with getting the worms? He had an unusual amount over the Chag and then got worms....

My 3 yr old daughter has pinworms. I take it out by hand!! Surprised or else she'll jump out of her skin for pain and uncomfort. She tends to have them after eating alot of sugary foods.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:52 am
Anyone can get pinworms as they spread on contact. My DD got it when she started elementary school - probably from the bathrooms. I started sending along hand sanitizer (as the soap dispensers are often empty) and she hasn't gotten it for awhile. Teaching good bathroom habits can help!

In any case - I gave DD the black walnut tincture along with garlic (we used pills) and they practically ran out of her! Gross.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 10:56 am
Chayalle wrote:
Anyone can get pinworms as they spread on contact. My DD got it when she started elementary school - probably from the bathrooms. I started sending along hand sanitizer (as the soap dispensers are often empty) and she hasn't gotten it for awhile. Teaching good bathroom habits can help!

In any case - I gave DD the black walnut tincture along with garlic (we used pills) and they practically ran out of her! Gross.

Whats the Black Walnut Tincture? and where can I find it?

The night we discovered the worms my husband mashed fresh garlic into Vaseline and I rubbed it into his behind with a q tip but he was withering in agony that it burned him so I dont think hell let us repeat it

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 07 2010, 11:01 am
I got it at my local health food store. It's called Black Walnut & Wormwood Complex. It's an extract.

However you need to know how much to give him, and this I don't remember. It's been awhile, and it's a number of drops per your child's weight. I put it into a cup of orange juice for DD.

You would need to ask a natural health practitioner. I had taken DD to a chiropracter in Lakewood who recommended it.

Also, I gave the garlic internally - that is, she swallowed the pill - so that it went thru her digestive system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers