Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
2nd grade boy b-day party help, please--more help

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 1:49 pm
I'm making a b-day party for my ds. He's in 2nd grade. It's going to be in my house with more kids that it can handle. We thought of a few games, but we need more and help with one of the ones we thought of.

How can we make simple simon more exciting? My ds is going to be simple simon and will say the things in english, so that will be a little different for them, but it's still kind of boring and fast Wink .

It can't be any running games or too messy or loud. What fun Confused Rolling Eyes !!!!! The other games we thought of besides simple simon was pin the tail on the donkey, pass the present, a taste test, hot and cold, and a memory game.

TIA

Last edited by yo'ma on Wed, Oct 20 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

girlygirl

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 5:52 pm
the game "telephone" or "broken telephone" maybe? a friend of mine filled a big container with rice and put a lot of small prizes inside. each boy got to search for the treasures and pick 2. too much mess? they had a great time!

louise

Post Thu, Oct 14 2010, 6:42 pm
We did a 6 year old birthday party for our son and 20 of his friends last year.
Some of the activities that went down well were:
- balloon games (over, under in lines etc)
- we bought over the internet some small wooden cars that they decorated with stickers and felt pens (activity part 1) and then raced across our lounge (part 2)
- wrap the mummy (toilet paper roll and willing adults required) in teams
- duck duck goose (best played outside)
- at the end of the food we brought out gingerbread men that we baked along with icing, sweets and decorations that they could decorate and then either eat or take home. (this was particularly popular!)

Hope this is useful.
Have fun at the party.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 20 2010, 2:14 pm
Thanks for your help, but now I'm trying to do a game. We're having pass the present and every time a person unwraps it, there's going to be a piece of paper which says they have to do something. If they do it, they get a sticker, if they don't, they can pass it to the next person. I already/only thought of 2 so far: say the alphabet backwards and hop on your left foot 5 times. Can anyone help with more ideas please? It shouldn't be anything that they won't be able to do, just might not want to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics