Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mehadrin Restaurants in Central Israel (from TA to Netanya)
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:10 am
We will be in Tel Aviv for the week of my DH's birthday and I wanted to take him out for dinner. I know of tons of great Mehadrin restaurants in Yerushalayim, but the only mehadrin "sit down" restaurant I know about in the Tel Aviv area is El Goucho in Bnei Brak. I am kindof wanting and hoping for something more fancy and elegant....does any restaurant exist? Seriously, the more expensive, the better, it is a significant year/# and I want to make it special despite the fact that we are not home...

Inspired

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:16 am
If you can afford to go to el gaucho why would you go anywhere else??

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:21 am
Because the EG in Bnei Brak isn't the nicest one. The nicest restaurants are often stam kosher/rabbanut, though there are many efforts today BH.

http://www.restaurants-in-isra.....=true

But always call to know if they still exist. I had many bad experiences.

There are charedi people in TA but they may not be the type to eat out. There are very frum people in Netania but they may be the type to eat rabbanut.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:35 am
Inspired wrote:

umm...cuz the quality of the meat is not great, and we really want something more elegant, equivalent to some of hte more elegant mehadrin places in yerushalayim.
for americans, more a place on the caliber of "le marais" or "prime grill" in manhattan,
rather than el gaucho which is more like "jerusalem steakhouse" in brooklyn to us.

ally

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:36 am
Netanya has Orchidea which is on the beach and pretty nice. Its Milchiks though.
We went to a fish restaurant in TA that always also pretty good but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It was near the Stadium.

ally

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:38 am
amother wrote:
Inspired wrote:

umm...cuz the quality of the meat is not great, and we really want something more elegant, equivalent to some of hte more elegant mehadrin places in yerushalayim.
for americans, more a place on the caliber of "le marais" or "prime grill" in manhattan,
rather than el gaucho which is more like "jerusalem steakhouse" in brooklyn to us.

I get what you mean. I'm not sure it exists Mehadrin in Tel Aviv area.
Would you go to a non-mehadrin place if you could order mehadrin meat? I heard Meat and Wine in Herzliya does that.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:40 am
http://www.eluna.com/Rest/Rest.....egion

http://www.eluna.com/Rest/Rest.....egion This one shows there's a Prime Grill in Tel Aviv. I have no idea if it's on the same level as the one in New York.

Hope these help.

BTW, sometimes the reviews and the listings are out of date so call before you go to make sure of their certification.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:40 am
I suggest you check eluna.com where you can narrow down searches for mehadrin

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:42 am
YESHASettler wrote:
http://www.eluna.com/Rest/RestbyRegion.asp?SortOrder=4&Region=1&ShowPartyRoomRests=&DairyMeat=region

http://www.eluna.com/Rest/Rest.....egion This one shows there's a Prime Grill in Tel Aviv. I have no idea if it's on the same level as the one in New York.

Hope these help.

BTW, sometimes the reviews and the listings are out of date so call before you go to make sure of their certification.
I've read mixed reviews on the Prime Grill in Beit HaOpera. Didn't make me want to try it out for price vs. review.

ally

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:45 am
The prime grill is definitely not the same.
I wouldn't recommend it.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:53 am
so the problem with all of these recommendations so far is that they are all "rabbanut mehadrin of..." whatever city.

my DH wont do that. only badatz or something equivalent...isnt there a nice expensive restaurant that has a non rabbanut hashgacha?? Sad

lizard8

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:56 am
I'm not sure if what you are looking for exists!
You can try to get a party room in el goucho for the atmosphere...but you can't change the food.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 4:59 am
amother wrote:
so the problem with all of these recommendations so far is that they are all "rabbanut mehadrin of..." whatever city.

my DH wont do that. only badatz or something equivalent...isnt there a nice expensive restaurant that has a non rabbanut hashgacha?? Sad
Probably not. But doesn't the local clientale eating at these places count for anything? Heavy-duty Bnai Brak types have places to go in TA and probably in the Bursa as well. Though, the places are likely not to be that fancy. No hotels?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:10 am
Tamiri wrote:
amother wrote:

Probably not. But doesn't the local clientale eating at these places count for anything? Heavy-duty Bnai Brak types have places to go in TA and probably in the Bursa as well. Though, the places are likely not to be that fancy. No hotels?

Tamiri! I agree with you! My parents go to such places, I grew up going to such places. IDK what my DH's "issue" is exactly. mehadrin is mehadrin, is how I see it.
Does anyone know of a Chareidi Rov, within the Rabbanut, who could convince my DH of this or something?

Inspired

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:10 am
amother wrote:
Inspired wrote:

I don't think you are going to find better quality meat in mehadrin in that area.
I don't know about elegance.
Good luck in your search!

Just read your most recent post. Badatz? No, definitely not. But maybe something opened up in the last few days.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:16 am
amother wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
amother wrote:

Tamiri! I agree with you! My parents go to such places, I grew up going to such places. IDK what my DH's "issue" is exactly. mehadrin is mehadrin, is how I see it.
Does anyone know of a Chareidi Rov, within the Rabbanut, who could convince my DH of this or something?

Mehadrin is not always mehadrin, or what you think mehadrin might be. You need to look into each particular hashgacha.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:30 am
amother wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
amother wrote:

If you know half of what went on, you wouldn't say that - there is a vast difference between the different mehadrins. Anyone can call anything mehadrin on his say so. My dh saw with his own eyes, at a hall with an excellent hechsher, that anyone here will tell you absolutely no question how the waiters happily moved serving spoons from fish to meat at the buffet table. So imagine what goes on at lesser places.

Does Hadar Dimol have a restaurant or is it just a hall?

speaks the truth

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 5:42 am
theres a nice fish restaurant on the beach in netanya called tulip. it was under renovation in the summer so just check to make sure its open and I think it has a better hechsher than rabbanut mehadrin, just not sure which one.

dilego

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 6:30 am
I was gonna suggest tulip in netanya but I don't know abt the hashgacha.im also surprised that there is no such place at the bursa.maybe call hadar d mall.
shal.I can well imagine that happening.there are plenty such stories unfortunately.

ally

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 6:32 am
Actually, there was a Korus Sin or Yossi Peking in the mall near the Bursa.
Food is not so much my thing, but I think the ambience was nice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions