Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Will you be fasting this Tisha B'Av?
1  2  Next

Will you be fasting this Tisha B'Av?
Yes!  
 79%  [ 51 ]
No!  
 10%  [ 7 ]
Until Chatzos  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other (please share)  
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 64

Mishie

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:29 am
This is the first Tisha B'Av which I don't have any excuses.
For the past 8 years I've been either Pregnant or nursing (or both).
The only excuse I have is my famous Migraines.
DH will call our Rav soon.
I will try my best to fast the whole thing, but if I start feeling a head-ache coming, then I guess I'll do what the Rav will say....

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 3:33 am
No Crying Crying Crying

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 8:16 am
the only time I didn't fast Tisha B'Av was when it was within 30 days after childbirth.
This is the first Tisha B'av I'm fasting with a baby who nurses every 3 hrs (though I have done Yom Kippur). I hope it goes okay!

yedidya's mom

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 8:23 am
bh I just got a psak that I dont have to fast. im 34 weeks pregnant and was very very nervous that fasting could start contractions. im very relieved but part of me feels guilty like maybe fasting would not be such a big deal and im just stam being paranoid. I didnt decide on my own , I asked a shailah so im being somech on that.
btw. whats the story w. eating? do u eat regularly or should one try to eat less?

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:12 am
amother wrote:
No Crying Crying Crying

You are sad about not fasting?

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:45 am
I had a baby 2 weeks ago, I was told I don't need to fast, but6 ill see how it goes!

lubcoralsprings

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:47 am
I hate fasting. I am terrible at it. I am sure I will end up with a major caffine headache and stressed out trying to manage three little ones with no help.

Chanie

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 9:19 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
I had a baby 2 weeks ago, I was told I don't need to fast, but6 ill see how it goes!

Really? I gave birth 2 1/2 weeks ago, I remember learning that you have to be within 3 days of giving birth to not fast. I guess I'll have to ask someone, depending on how I feel tomorrow.

Henya

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 9:23 pm
Really? I gave birth 2 1/2 weeks ago, I remember learning that you have to be within 3 days of giving birth to not fast. I guess I'll have to ask someone, depending on how I feel tomorrow.

I think the 3 day s applies for Y"K. Rabbanim are able to give aheter not to fast n T"B much quicker than Y"K. Y"K is extremely strict.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 9:27 pm
I had hoped to fast, but the last time I fasted was yom kippur and I got incredibly sick from a migraine. I could not lift my head off the pillow for almost ten hours. My dh asked a shailah and was told I should fast till the morning, and then eat a normal breakfast.. and then take my migraine meds if I need it. I am suppossed to try to fast for the remainder of the day, but as soon as I feel a headache come on I am to eat/drink. I am feeling weird about doing this, but I am relying on that I did ask a shailah.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 9:38 pm
you do what your rov says. then there's no need to feel guilty.
when my son was 3 weeks old (born 18 tammuz) 2 years ago, I felt maybe I was up to fasting...but the rov said not to, and I didn't. You can't push yourself. And if your baby is less thana month, it could be you shouldn't even TRY to fast!! (that's what a rov told me regarding preg/nursing with all other fasts).
re: after childbirth. it's within 30 days, except for Yom Kippur, where it's more chamur

Tovah

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 9:55 pm
funny how it never entered my mind that ppl would not fast on t''b
I always thought it was a must t''b and y''k unless giving birth.

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:04 pm
Me too, Tovah.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 10:52 pm
I heard that within 30 days of childbirth you don't have to fast. I had my baby 32 days ago though. DH called the rav because I've been sick from the heat for the past 2 days as it is, and he said if I am having trouble, then I could break the fast.

We'll see how it goes. The a/c in my house isn't working well and I've been sweating so I know I'm probably going to get dehydrated tomorrow.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:20 pm
when I was 6 monthss preg on tisha baav I was told to stay in bed
yom kippur too
thing is I just found outi am pregnnat bh but I did miscarry recently so I am concerned, I'll take it easy
feel good all

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 02 2006, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
feel good all

You, too, whomever you are Smile

Secbeb

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 12:43 am
I don't know if I will be fasting the whole fast. . I'm nursing - which would normally be fine. But I also have sinusitis (sinus infection) - got sick with a cold 2 weeks ago which never went away and got worse, my head aches, my nose is stuffed (can't stop blowing it, and my top teeth are absolutely throbbing. I just started taking antibiotics tonight and I'm hoping I'm going to be able to get a heter from my rav because I can't sleep, I'm already dying of thirst and I'm going to be miserable tomorrow, not to mention I'll have a miserable 6 month old when I start running out of milk. I really hope I can get a heter. Why did this have to happen tishabav? Mad I guess these things are just nine-day material. Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 3:33 am
I am not fasting as I am overdue.
I thought fasting would hellpl brig on labor but now they say the most impo thing is to feel the baby moving, so I need to eat.
I felt guilty my husband called the rav and he said my role in tisha bav is to help rebuild am yisrael, not to fast.
to the rest of you have an easy fast.

goldrose

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 10:02 am
Quote:
felt guilty my husband called the rav and he said my role in tisha bav is to help rebuild am yisrael, not to fast.

that's a nice way of putting it, it does lessen the "guilt"

micki

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 10:05 am
Quote:
I felt guilty my husband called the rav and he said my role in tisha bav is to help rebuild am yisrael, not to fast.

thats a really nice thing to say.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note