Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Parents of Kidnapped Baby Wait in Hope

proudmom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 8:21 am
The father of the little girl who was recently kidnapped in S. Paulo stated "Two weeks have gone by, but our faith still gives us hope." The girl, who is not yet two years old, was abducted while the family were on vacation at the beach.

On Monday, 28th Shevat, it was carnival season and the family were enjoying their break until the moment when a car suddenly drove up and several men dragged the baby and her non-Jewish nanny into the vehicle. They drove off, and nothing more was heard until the kidnappers let the nanny go two days later. It is suspected that the nanny was also involved in the crime, whose perpetrators are trying to ransom the baby for a huge sum of money even though the family is not particularly wealthy.

The local Jewish community has been stunned by the news. They are also wondering whether they have been particularly targeted, as another Jewish girl, aged 10, was kidnapped just two days later.

Last week, the community brought Shabbos in early in order to increase in davening for the safe and immediate return of the baby.

The local Chabad shluchim have also done much to increase morale, both of the community and of the baby's family, with whom they have been in constant contact.

Among the shluchim who have been to see them and encourage them are Rabbi Dovid Graberchick, head of the "L'Oded" organization, Rabbi Noach Gansburg, who put up kosher mezuzos in their home, Rabbi Mottel Malovani, Rabbi Dovid Weitman and Rabbi Yossi Schildkraut.

During a visit by the Rosh Yeshiva of S. Paulo Rabbi Shammai Ende to the family's home, a letter was put into the Iggros Kodesh. The answer fell out on Yud Tes Kislev, and spoke about liberation and redemption.

Feeling very moved, the mother of the family related that she and her husband had a yechidus with the Rebbe a number of years ago, when she was expecting her first child. After asking the Rebbe for a brocha for an easy pregnancy and birth and a healthy baby, the Rebbe gave the mother three dollars and a Shir HaMaalos card for the baby.

"My baby, the one who was kidnapped, is my third daughter born in the merit of those three dollars from the Rebbe," related the mother.

Since the kidnapping, the abductors have only contacted the family once. The family is sure that they are trying to push them into a state of despair. However, they have not lost hope and are davening that everything will be resolved positively. The brocha they have received from the Rebbe has given them faith.

Surfers are asked to contribute to the success of that brocha by reciting Tehillim for the safe and immediate return of Chana bas Dina.

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 9:14 am
That is terrible we have to be more careful now concerning this news. And careful conc nannys too

Rivka

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 1:46 pm
That is pretty scary and I would also suspect the Nanny. Too many bad stories about nannies ought to put anyone off. I can't imagine what that family is going through.

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 1:56 pm
Are they trying to raise $ for the ransom? WOuldn't this be the mitzvah of pidyon shvuyim?

proudmom

Post Wed, Feb 23 2005, 1:57 pm
I dont know. It is a good question.

Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 25 2005, 2:10 am
major knot in my stomach reading this one...it's just awful!
any news?
IYH she will be returned unharmed NOW!

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 9:02 pm
youch!! put the chills up and down my spine. where did you pick this up from?

proudmom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 4:34 am
chabad.org

Ozmom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 3:19 pm
any news?

proudmom

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 12:01 am
Boruch Hashem! 2 year-old-girl who was kidnapped in Brazil, safely returned
This year the Jews of S. Paulo celebrated Purim with even greater enthusiasm than usual when a two-year-old Jewish baby girl was safely returned to her family after having been kidnapped.
As we reported several weeks ago, the kidnappers originally demanded a ransom of one million dollars. However, the little girl was eventually released in exchange for $12,000.

The child had been abducted two months earlier, when her nanny, who was cooperating with the kidnappers, took her to the beach from where she was snatched.

Shliach Rabbi Dovid Graberchick, who helped the family throughout this nerve-racking period, related that the parents hired an agent who regularly liaises between kidnappers and their victims’ families. Through his efforts, the ransom was lowered significantly, and in the end the little girl was returned. She was found inside a stolen car that had been left in a nearby park.
(SOURCE:COL.ORG.IL)

Pearl

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 2:26 am
B"H!!!! this is great news!! Mazzal tov to the family, and yashar koach to the Rav Dovid Graberchick!!!!

1stimer

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 3:36 am
TG!

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 9:45 am
This must teach us all something. e.g. not to leave our kids in the car unsupervised. Not to go to a store and tell a 5yr old to watch a 2yr old in stroller this is what I saw and even asked the child how old he was shock Not to ask a nine yr old to take a baby and 3 yr old to a park, how on earth will she watch 2 children herself shock
And be firm when our kids are supposed to arrive home and where we can get hold of them.And not to be too trusting conc non jewish nannys babysitters or cleaning ladys!!!! The rest is in Hashems hands

AweSumThenSum

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 10:08 am
frielich, one can never be careful enough to prevent all possibilities that can happen cuz really it's x in our hands. HaShem is in charge of e/t and as careful as we are, He can make things happen no matter what. of course, we all engage in the practice of "locking the stable once the horse has fled" but we must keep in mind that HaShem controls all and we can't blame ourselves if/when things happen. it's very easy to attribute it to negligence, but short of gross negligence, we should not burden ourselves w/ guilt. we are only vessels of HaShem's will.

Motek

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:16 am
the family was with the child at the time of the kidnapping Confused

Tefila

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:29 am
Quote:
The child had been abducted two months earlier, when her nanny, who was cooperating with the kidnappers, took her to the beach from where she was snatched

Motek I thought the nanny was, not w/h her family:?

And Awesome your right, but we still have to learn from life's experiance w/hout c"v judging, anyway thats how I look at it.

Last edited by Tefila on Thu, Apr 07 2005, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

1stimer

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:08 pm
Frielich I agree with you, sometimes ppl are too trusting when it comes to their kids. the other day, I saw a buggy outside a shop and it had a baby in it shock Would the person have left their walllet outside the shop Question

Last week we took out money to pay rent, my hubby told me to hide it b4 the babysitter comes, so I asked him, u trust her with ur kid but not with money? It's food for thought I think.

proudmom

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 3:55 pm
Quote:
Last week we took out money to pay rent, my hubby told me to hide it b4 the babysitter comes, so I asked him, u trust her with ur kid but not with money? It's food for thought I think

I agree with you Exclamation

1stimer

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 7:46 am
otoh my kid is quite safe with her, will she really want him; waking up all night and all that?? LOL

Motek

Post Fri, Apr 08 2005, 7:51 am
freilich - I read what you read, and I thought this:

Quote:
the family were enjoying their break until the moment when a car suddenly drove up and several men dragged the baby and her non-Jewish nanny into the vehicle

meant the family was present, with the nanny, at the time of the kidnapping, but maybe the family was one place and the nanny and 2 yr. old somewhere else? sure didn't sound like that, but who knows?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics