Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Furnish or wait?
Previous  1  2

imaima

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 2:52 pm
yummymummy wrote:
Maya wrote:
We subscribe to Architectural Digest too, but are realistic about our finances. You may get your expensive couch, but when? And what are you using in the meantime?

I guess to each their own, in this case. But yes, we are really enjoying our house. Smile

We got hand me down couches from family for the den and in the meantime the living room sits empty (with only my dreams to fill it). I've already gotten my dining room set so I know it will happen one day but for now I'm going to wait before furnishing the living room since I have other projects I want to tackle first, like central air/heat, budget permitting.

well, in my house, the den, the living room, and the dining room are all in one room 8)

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Nov 06 2010, 10:37 pm
yummymummy wrote:
life'sgreat wrote:
yummymummy wrote:
Maya wrote:
yummymummy wrote:
my tastes are too expensive for my current budget so I'm waiting (for moshiach, it seems Confused )

We learned to decorate right away within our means because we see family member who have empty living rooms because "they can't afford the $10,000 rug needed to start the furnishing/decor." I think it's stupid, but that's just me. So what if we only allow ourselves Crate and Barrel stuff? Or decide to go Ikea in order to have a complete office instead of a desk and boxes with books? We're enjoying our house completely.

This is a personality issue, I can not bring myself to spend money on a sofa from Crate and Barrel when I "know" that I am going to get the one from Accentions by Design! Oh, well, this is what I get for ordering that subscription to Architectural Digest. To each his own and I'm glad you're enjoying your home.
So you're going to lack a sofa for 6 years or whatever, because one day you'll maybe get the Accentuations sofa? If you'll be able to afford that, what's the big deal if you have another one until then?

Did you read my follow up post?

Yes. As you can see I mentioned Accentuations.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics