Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you start pesach cleaning?
Previous  1  2

When do you start pesach cleaning?
already started  
 27%  [ 8 ]
2 months before pesach  
 3%  [ 1 ]
purim  
 51%  [ 15 ]
the last week  
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 5:03 am
to all those who are going for pesach to a hotel or somebody else's house - I am jealous big time, but very happy for you!!!!

re guests - we usually have about 10-15 guests for the first seder, which goes on till about 01.30 am.....so the second seder we usually have very few guests.

raizy - when we moved from Israel to Europe, we had 114 items (and still left a lot of things in a warehouse in Israel....like the office we had there)....ok, we had a lot of business related items, but still, that was with 2 kids....!
100 seems a very accurate assumption to me! good luck (I hate moving almost as much as I hate pesach cleaning.....!)

Tefila

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 8:10 am
Quote:
we usually have about 10-15 guests for the first seder

How about 30-40 8) Atchually that part doesn't bother me infact I love it. But it's preparing b/4 and cleaning up afterwards which can be a hassle.

Twisted Evil Pssss conc pasach though I try to invite people who want to help anyway.... is that disgusting or what Exclamation

Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 04 2005, 8:51 am
Freilich - LOL
Believe me, if it was up to my husband, we would have 30 or 40, both nights!!! and as he is sephardic, we also have a major event motsei pesach....... shock
so, you are invited!!!
anyway, as he does most of the cooking (as shock as that may be for some women...), I can't complain too much.
and re the cleaning afterwards, we use very nice disposables, otherwise I really would go insane!

Debbie

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 3:48 pm
[quote="ForeverYoung"]I think about it every day!!!

That sounds like me,I have the feeling I should Pesach clean and then I sit down and soon the thought goes away.
Seriously,I have started but there's a way to go yet. I made things easier for myself this year,I banned chametz from upstairs in my house;truthfully though my girls are 13 and 11 so it is easier for me.

mom3boys

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 4:49 pm
Started after Purim, but have been thinking about it daily for some time! Have some rules regarding food in the house, and the kids abide by them, (most of the time) embarrassed

chochma73

Post Wed, Mar 30 2005, 10:40 pm
mom3boys wrote:
Started after Purim, but have been thinking about it daily for some time! Have some rules regarding food in the house, and the kids abide by them, (most of the time) embarrassed

how do you manage that? did some pesach cleaning but have a long way to go and I hate having to redo because b"h my kids don't understand what pesach is Rolling Eyes
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics