Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
How's your handwriting?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 8:57 am
When I was younger, I loved my mothers handwriting and still do Wink . Now that I'm a mother, my dd likes mine LOL . This is print that I'm talking about. My script is only neat if I write slowly Rolling Eyes . I like writing in print more.

How's yours?

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:35 am
Badbadbad. Very very bad. It's illegible basically. In fact, I feel (almost) perfectly safe leaving my diaries around because it would be next to impossible for anyone to read it. LOL

grace413

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:36 am
Terrible.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:54 am
Horrible. Even I can't read it.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 11:10 am
mine looks like doctors' prescriptions

Mommy F.

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 11:36 am
I have bad handwriting too, thank G-d for computers!

MrsDash

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 11:44 am
Besiyata Dishmaya wrote:
mine looks like doctors' prescriptions

Took the words right out of my mouth LOL

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 12:45 pm
I am officially disgraphic. Thank Hashem for computers. Boy was I born into the right generation.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 12:47 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
I am officially disgraphic. Thank Hashem for computers. Boy was I born into the right generation.

My grandmother bought my father a typewriter when he was younger because of his handwriting. Before computers, there were typewriters. Don't know what people did before typewriters though. Wink

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 12:55 pm
Not terrible. There's a certain rhythm to it, so it looks neat even though the individual strokes are pretty messy.

If you don't know it well, it might be hard to read because I shorten strokes and connect letters. I write in print-script.

I find that a lot of women in my mother's generation have beautiful, neat, textbook handwritings.

myself

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:15 am
Nice. Although looking back it used to be beautiful. I mostly type nowadays so find that I'm out of practice, hence the decline. I've starting making a point to write, in the hope that it goes back to what it was.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:22 am
How come so many of you have bad handwriting? Didn't you have penmanship in school? I don't know how bad is bad, but would you let your children get away with lousy penmanship in school?

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 6:59 am
I consider mine fair enough ...

but when dd was learning to write script she'd come home with her name written so perfect that I was sure the teacher had a stamper made ... it's changed since she grew - but she has that artist flair ...

life's great - don't be too sure - I can decipher most handwriting (as I worked for attorneys)

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:15 am
greenfire wrote:
life's great - don't be too sure - I can decipher most handwriting (as I worked for attorneys)

Oh, I thought you might say, you were a pharmacist. LOL

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:28 am
yo'ma wrote:
greenfire wrote:

Oh, I thought you might say, you were a pharmacist. LOL

nah - but I can make you a magic potion Drunken Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics