Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ever sold to jewishusedbooks.com? is it worthwhile?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:12 pm
I have a lot of books and seforim in my house, which I always thought is great to have, but now my kid is BH growing and he goes to the bookshelves and pulls off books and seforim, throws or drops them on the floor, puts them in his mouth etc., so I'm thinking I should sell them to make some money and prevent damage to them.
has anyone ever sold to jewish used books. com? are they legit? is it worthwhile? do they pay? are they reasonable?
all feedback welcome, thanks

brbs

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 2:21 am
My parents recently moved and sold a ton to them. My father collects books and most of his stuff was in near pefect condition. They didn't get paid a ton, but the someone from the store did come and get them and had they not sold them I'm not sure what they would've done with them...

amother

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 1:45 pm
brbs wrote:
My parents recently moved and sold a ton to them. My father collects books and most of his stuff was in near pefect condition. They didn't get paid a ton, but the someone from the store did come and get them and had they not sold them I'm not sure what they would've done with them...

thank you for your reply. can you give me some idea of how much they paid per book?

thanks

amother

Post Fri, Nov 12 2010, 2:43 pm
They came to my house once, dh got rid of a box of CIS books and assorted accumulated stuff for 100$

cg1435

Post Sat, Nov 13 2010, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
brbs wrote:

thank you for your reply. can you give me some idea of how much they paid per book?

thanks

I've sold quite a few times- & bought also.

They pay around $5 per book- Sometimes a little more sometimes less, they explained that there are a few factors deciding the price- 1) if they have a lot of the same book they pay less for your copy. Also condition counts- poor confdtion gets less. I have decided that it only pays to sell books you don't have any more interest in. I have also bought from them- Sometimes you get luicky and get something you really wanted to read at about 1/2 the price fo a new one. After a while you learn to be selective .

Enjoy!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Sat, Nov 13 2010, 9:01 pm
we sold 2 "moishes/krm supermarket" sized boxes to them.
We emailed them we wanted to sell them some books - both hebrew and english jewish books.
they asked us to take a picture of them - and then email it to them.
they send a guy to pick it up form us - gave us a receipt - told us he will bring it back to passaic - look it over and will call us with a quote - if we want - they will send us the check. if not - they will drop off the books back at our house.
a day or 2 layter - they called us back with a quote for $100!!!!
We took it!!!
highky recommended! very ligit!

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 5:57 am
I don't think your kid chewing at books is a reason to get rid of them. Put the books in storage until he grows out of this stage.

If you have books you really really do not need any more sell them. But jewish books are expensive to replace if you want them again.

I have bought books from jewishusedbooks and they are great.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics