Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bm in diaper at 4.5
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:23 am
hadasa, I also know stories where the alarm didnt work. the only solution is really to outgrow it, no matter how long it takes. and hopefully through the years there will be the least emotional damage as possible.

I am so glad you werent damaged emotionally by it because it really is tough to grow through.

Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 9:34 am
[quote="freilich"]Thebestmommy
[quote]Does anyone else think that this story is a bit strange?!?! To tell the kid to go outside just like the cats and dogs? Sounds VERY weird to me. I would never do that to my kid. Poor kid!![/quote]

[b]Atchually I totaly agree w/h you [/b]and think it's disgusting to compare a child to an animal. What message is the parent getting across you act that way your treated that way.... Sorry[b] something seriously wrong!!![/b][/quote]

and I agree with both of you!

it took my second child forever to seperate herself from diaper and pacifier, but eventually she did, and she was almost 4 1/2. right now, I don't remember exactly how and when, but it was when she was good and ready for it! forcing never works!

rydys

Post Tue, Mar 01 2005, 11:24 am
the bedwetting alarm won't work if the parent wakes the child! It only works if the child is highly motivated and the responsibility for waking is given over only to the child. It does not work for everyone, of course, but it is the best method we have to treat bedwetting. Medications can be given which will stop the bedwetting, but this is not training the child and as soon as medication is stopped he will start wetting again.

mp

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 2:24 pm
we had a child in our daycare once who was afraid of her BMs- she would literally freak out upon seeing it, in the diaper or anywhere else. We had to play diapers and dollies with brown playdough for a long time to get her used to it. It was interesting. Once she got over the fear, she was fine.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 2:27 pm
Quote:
We had to play diapers and dollies with brown playdough for a long time to get her used to it. It was interesting

Very creative I must say Smile

hadasa

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 3:43 pm
That reminds me... when my oldest was about two, he was sitting in the bath for a long time, and didn't want to come out, so we just let him sit. Suddenly he had a BM right in the bath. Since he had always worn diapers, he got really scared at the sensation of pieces falling out of him. He started crying hysterically, and when I took him out, he kept on saying "Tzubrochen Mendele" (Mendele's broken). It took a long time to calm him down, and even longer for him to get over the trauma and not be afraid of the bath.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 3:46 pm
Quote:
He started crying hysterically, and when I took him out, he kept on saying "Tzubrochen Mendele" (Mendele's broken). It took a long time to calm him down, and even longer for him to get over the trauma and not be afraid of the bath.

Aw Hadasa kids are so precious and innocent Wink

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Mar 09 2005, 12:29 pm
poor Mendel!!!
oy vei!!!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 11 2005, 11:17 am
my brother used to have a problem with his number 2. I dont know if this applies in your case but I think it would be helpful for people to hear about this. there is a condition I dont know the name where the child cannot feel if he has to make. it usually begins when the child is afraid to go to the bathroom and holds himself in for days. after some time the stool gets hard and stuck and the intestine gets "damaged" temporarily in a way. it can no longer feel the sensation of having to make. this can lead to small amounts of stool leaking out of him without him noticing and can be very embarrasing when he smells.
it started in my brother's case b/c he was scared to make in the toilet and always asked for a diaper. if we didnt give it to him he would just hold it in for a week at a time sometimes.
so please make sure that your child doesnt ever hold himself in for so long.
and also if you see that he consistently makes just a small amount in his underwear even at age 6, believe him when he says he didnt notice or feel it.
and make sure he never gets constipated b/c it agravates the situation.
it will take along long time for him to completely get over this. it still used to happen less often at age 8, though I dont remember exactly when it stopped completely.

betty

Post Tue, Jun 14 2005, 9:56 pm
I am totaly shocked at the terrible way some parents are treating a child who is not toilet trained. How can you punish a child for something he is not doing on purpose???? (speak to any doc they will explain to you that it is not in a child's control, it is a problem with an immature bladder)

How about next time your child has a cold you punish them every time they sneeze or cough. and reward them if they stop themselves.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training