Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Beaters

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:19 pm
I have an electric hand beater but the beaters are now milchig since I used them for a recipe with milk in it. If I were to buy new beaters and switch the beaters between fleishig and milchig wo uld that be fine or do I need to buy a whole new electic beater?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:19 pm
Do you really beat fleishigs ?

mammele26

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
I have an electric hand beater but the beaters are now milchig since I used them for a recipe with milk in it. If I were to buy new beaters and switch the beaters between fleishig and milchig wo uld that be fine or do I need to buy a whole new electic beater?

I am not a rav, but I don't see the problem.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:22 pm
no but I beat cookies or cake that I dont want to have to worry about them being made with milchig equipments. I want them to be pareve

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:24 pm
In other words, you need a separate, pareve mixer.

mammele26

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
no but I beat cookies or cake that I dont want to have to worry about them being made with milchig equipments. I want them to be pareve

If the beaters are CLEAN, and the batter isn't hot, you can use those beaters even to beat pareve stuff that will be eaten together with fleishigs.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
What do you mean by switching the beaters between fleishig and milchig?
Do you want to use your current milchig beaters for fleishig beating?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:01 pm
I want to buy ANOTHER set of just beaters( the part that beats the food ) and use those for the fleishigs

shstreich

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:08 pm
Unless it is a really expensive beater I doubt any company sells the beaters separately. I would just get another cheap hand beater for milchigs and keep the better one for parve.

Mamish Mama

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:14 pm
Not that this will help you now but if you do purchase a new hand mixer I have the following:

http://www.target.com/Hamilton.....utton

it comes with a set of beaters and a wisk - I kept the beaters for fleish and use the wisk for milk.

Mamish Mama

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:15 pm
also try and call the manufacturer and see if they'll send you a set of beater or if you can buy it directly from them. you'd be surprised what manufactures sell separately if you ask.

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
I want to buy ANOTHER set of just beaters( the part that beats the food ) and use those for the fleishigs

I can't see the problem, if the metal beaters and the motor housing are all clean and the mixture is cold. If you're really concerned, you could place a sheet of saran wrap over the bottom of the motor assembly. But ask your rav.

JC

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 2:26 pm
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:

I can't see the problem, if the metal beaters and the motor housing are all clean and the mixture is cold. If you're really concerned, you could place a sheet of saran wrap over the bottom of the motor assembly. But ask your rav.

Just make sure not to cover the vents
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics