Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
"Hold on to your Kids" (book)

Motek

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 4:33 pm
"Hold On To Your Kids - Why Parents Need to Matter More than Peers"

Quote:
What the book is about:
This book is about the pivotal importance of children's relationships to those responsible for them and the devastating impact in today's society of competing attachments with peers. However it is much more than a book on peer orientation: it is about parenting with relationship in mind.

This book restores parents to their natural intuition, confronting such relationship devastating devices as time-outs and using what children care about against them. Offering effective strategies for preserving and restoring the child-to-parent relationship, this book provides refreshing natural alternatives to today's contrived methods of behaviour control.

The content is relevant to parents of children of any age, from infants right through to adult children. Readers have commonly commented on how much hardship and confusion they could have avoided had this material been available to them right from the beginning.

How the book has been received:
Hold On to Your Kids was first released in Canada in 2004 and became a national bestseller within weeks.

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 8:13 pm
Where might I obtain my own personal copy of this, Motek? I'd love to read it ASAP!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 9:13 am
Quote:
Parents Need to Matter More than Peers

Exactly what my parents always emphasized at home. I'm going to try to find the book and see how it explains things, it looks very interesting.

Motek

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 4:18 pm
your public library might very well have it

why don't you check online? maybe reserve it and have it sent to the library closest to you?

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 4:49 pm
Thank-You motek Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics