Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
My DH lost his job...again

amother

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 1:51 pm
My husband has had really bad luck with jobs. We've been married for 8 years and he's probably had at least 8 jobs. It never really seems to be "his fault" and I'm trying to be supportive but I'm so frustrated. I thank G-d have a good job and his parents help us. Its not really the money, I'm just figuring out how to be supportive...again when really I'm just angry. He has a college degree, a master's and a great skill set. I'm losing my patience. I'm just looking for a little support. Thanks.

Aylat

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 2:51 pm
Hug Hug

That is really hard. Stressful because the burden of supporting is on you and frustrating because he has the ability and skills to be employed. I don't really have any advice but just wanted to offer some sympathy and caring. Remember that your parnassah for the year was all decided a couple of months ago on RH, and all you have to do is your hishtadlus to get what Hashem has already decided is coming to you. So your husband being employed or not doesn't make any difference as long as you are both putting in a reasonable amount of effort. It's not easy to really feel like that though, I'm sure I'm not on that level. Hashem must know you guys have a lot in you to give you this nisayon! Salut Try (I know it's hard) not to get frustrated at your dh, I'm sure he's feeling awful about it.

Hatzlacha with everything.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 4:30 pm
Sometimes personalities can make it difficult to hold down a job. I don't know if this is the case, but you would save a lot of time and aggravation by having your husband make an appointment with somebody -- I'm not sure who or where, though.

Is there anything your husband is doing that annoys people? Does he get angry easily? Does he make too many mistakes? Is he inattentive?

Is there any way for him to speak to his previous employers to find out exactly why he was let go?

I am sure your husband is a good husband, but he might need some counseling to see if he is doing anything that would make him more prone to getting fired. There is also the possibility that he may need medication for ADD.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:51 pm
THERE are some good therapist who can help such a person. will review past and will support w new position to make sure it lasts.

where are you located?

can you pay a private therapist?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics